Name of a clamp?

I would like to buy a few clamps like this:

I have no idea if they exist or what they may be called, but I suspect that something like that should be easy to find if only I knew the name.

I could make them, but would prefer to spend time on something else.

Anyone knows what they are called?

thanks

Ignoramus16588

I've seem similar units sold at the autoparts places for clamping off fuel and vacuum hoses.

Might be worth a try.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

They sell clamps like this at scientific / lab supply places. There are neat ones with a single central clamping "thumb nut" and a slotted swing away bottom "beam".

Rob

check page 406 at

-- Randy Replogle

I've found that relationships are like a bell curve. You love a few, hate a few, but most you're just indifferent to.

-- Randall Replogle 2006

Reply to
Randy Replogle

Thanks, Rob and Trevor, I think that I check my auto parts store, and if I do not find anything cheap and useful, I will simply make my own. I need about 12 of them.

Ignoramus8495

Randy, do you know if they sell predrilled steel bars, say, 1/8" by

1/2" by 1", drilled at say 3/4" spacing? I suspect that there is something simple that is sold for $6 per 100 that I could use. i
Reply to
Ignoramus8495

Think cabinet hardware. I'll bet you'll find straight joiners with probably four holes. 'Might find 'em with two.

Or... think perforated strapping. It's available in lots of sizes and gauges. You could just cut it up into the lengths you need.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Might be a bit of a challenge to find perforations the right size to thread for readily available screws. If you have to redrill existing holes to fit it's prolly be easier and cheaper to make a simple drill jig and drill the clearance and tap drill holes in cut off pieces of bar stock.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Thanks Jeff... I have decided to just make my own... These would be for connecting copper strips for electrical putposes.

Ignoramus8495

We use clamps like that for holding a really old style waveguide together. They have a V going the long way on the insides and clamp the ^ shaped joints together. I've always called em wavegude clamps :)

Reply to
Glenn

Rather than making 12 parts with thru holes and 12 with threads, it might be better to reverse one of the bolts so you can make

24 parts, each with 1 thru hole and one threaded.

-jiw

Reply to
James Waldby

Try Edmund Scientific. I have a couple of those. Pretty sure thats where they cme from. The lower bar swings out so you can slip the tube in.

Reply to
daniel peterman