need a limit switch

I decided to add "home" switches to my mill.

When I took the Z axis apart i found an itsy teensy weensy UL and LL switch. I couldn't find the same one so I ordered one I could make work from digikey.

Put it all back together today and now the UL switch failed. Now, if I can't find this exact switch i got a big fabrication job. Anyway, can anybody find this limit switch?

Measures 0.62" X 0.64" with a separate lever arm 0.75" long with

0.18" roller.

Side 1: Micro USA C NO NC

Side 2: 5XE1 8108

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Karl Townsend wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The Honeywell 5XE1 Micro Switch is a miniature sealed switch. The roller assembly (if it isn't broken) looks like an accessory that coudl be installed on any basic 5XE1 switch body. Check out pages 34 & 35 of this catalog (you may have to re-splice the URL):

Not sure where to buy one, but at least it looks like a current part from a major vendor, so the odds are good you can find one. Here's another reference:

I did a Google-Shopping search, and got four hits. Here's the cheapest one:

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

BINGO! Thanks you're a life saver

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Karl, there is a local scrapyard you need to check out the next time you pass through here. I was considering buying parts from the junked automation equipment they have sitting around, but I still have too much trouble walking to climb over their cluttered junkyard.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I got a barn full o' junk already. I bet 90% of the stuff I need I get this way. But I am getting picked over. Haven't restocked in ten years, no great access to scrapped machines like I used to have.

Guess I *could* go back to work.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I have no clue what it was built for, or if it's still there, but there was something that was full of decent size motors and a lot of limit switches. It was sitting near the parking lot the last time I was there, about a year ago. I go there to buy bulk hardware surplused by local Lockheed Martin plant and a few other companies. The guy also owns a large scrap business in Miami and sometimes he ships a truckload of surplus hardware up here, then takes steel back to Miami.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Search under "Microswitch".

The "C NO NC" markings are terminal markings as "Common", "Normally Open" and "Normally Closed".

They are available with flat levers, levers with rollers, or just a projecting pin which can be depressed (which you will find under the lever, probably near the pivot point)

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols