Need an internal gear

Need quantity one of the following.

Internal spur gear (like a ring gear with the teeth on the inside)

54 tooth, 24 pitch, 14 1/2 degree pressure angle. Face length of .875, OD of 3 inches.

Material brass/bronze---thinking 660 bronze.

Any suggestions for a source??

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
Bill Marrs

If you can send me a print with more detail, I'd be able to quote it for you. Mind you, I'm talking an EDMed gear, so if it needs to be high speed or matched, you might be better off going another route.

Mike

Reply to
The Davenports

If you can't find a source, as I suspect you might not, consider having a shop wire EDM it out for you. Someone should chime in with a source for a Cad program to create the profile file. Finding one ready made seems doubtful, having one custom cut will be wickedly expensive, EDM might be the way to go. Pete

Reply to
3t3d

--Aside: I once saw a photo of a guy who looked like a "traditional" beatnick sitting inside a *giant* ring gear. The caption said: "In Cog Neato".

Reply to
steamer

That would be great!!! I've got a local guy I work with on wire EDM extrusion dies. If I had the software to generate the profile he could probably do it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Marrs

Give the complete specs of the gear and the file format you'd like and I can easily generate a solid model.

3D - .ipt, .iges, .sat, .stp, .stl 2D - .dxf, .dwg

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

That's what RCM should be about. Well done, Ned. I nominate Ned as RCM hero of the week without regard to his politics or how many guns he may or may not choose to own.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Hold up there. I nominate Larry Jaques for offering to build a web site for MarMachine. Since you started this Don, you get to be election judge.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--

Reply to
Andy Asberry

The second I pressed send, I blushed with embarrassment for neglecting to thank Rex B. He put up with me twice last week. Opened his shop to me and showed me how to build some gears. And actually bought a collet so we could finish the job.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Nothing saying there can only be one RCMHOTW. The more the better!

Reply to
Don Foreman

as well as there are several downloadable free ware programs out there , i would be glad to make you a wire cutting profile as well , take about 5 minutes with autocad and gear generator.

Reply to
c.henry