need help locating some decent quality tool box latches

What I'm looking for is the type of latch that is on most small toolboxes, a

2 piece wire loop type fastener and an upper piece that it rests on that tightens up as the handle is closed and is lockable as well, except heavier duty and able to take a bit more stess. I've looked around for awhile and decided to ask for some help since I'm sure someone out there has either ordered some of them or came across them in a catalogue recently. Thanks in advance for your time.
Reply to
Blackout

Go to

and search for "tool box latches". They have several to choose from. I used to get catalogs from a company that offered several varieties for woodworkers but I can't think of the name of the company now.

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

I think what you want is called a draw latch. I've used these for various things and gotten them from an RV supplier like this:

Now here are some really heavy duty ones:

and more
Reid Tool sells a good assortment as well
Hope that helps Lane

Reply to
lane

McMaster Carr has them on the way as we speak, thanks for the hunting tips!

Reply to
Blackout

One of the woodworking outfits has a lot of that sort of hardware, might be they'd have something you'd like. Try

for Rockler Hardware.

Stan

Reply to
Stan Schaefer