Need more motor help

Unfortunately I'm still having motor problems... I was told this motor had an internal wired capacitor, but when it showed up, the capacitor was obviously external... Not to mention rattling around lose in the box with a big dent in it. I assume that came from the motor hitting it. You'd think getting a basic small motor wouldn't be such a pain in the butt, but this is the third one I've tried.

Photo:

There's four wires that they originally had going into a connector. Red and blue on one side, green and white on the other. I have a power cord going into a box with a on/off toggle... How can I wire this up? And is a dented capacitor a problem? It looks to still be sealed.

Thanks for any help,

Dave

Reply to
dpdphoto

wrote: (clip) And is a dented capacitor a problem? It looks to still be sealed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ All that means is the smoke hasn't leaked out YET.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

dent may or may not be a problem - just test the cap with an ohmmeter for a quick check - if it is OK, then maybe the dent won't be a problem

I'd be inclined to connect red and blue to the cap - do any of the leads have terminals on the ends that match the cap?

Reply to
William Noble

Nope... All the leads go into a plug that must have connected into box.

Reply to
dpdphoto

Figured it out... The guy that sold it sent me a diagram. Thanks for the help.

Dave

Reply to
dpdphoto