Need odd 12V pwr supply

Runs from auto power.

Need: regulated 12v, no spikes when vehicle is started 5V, @ 2 amps (USB) 5V, @ 100-200ma, (USB) the 200ma needs to be absolutely no higher than 200ma under any circumstances

And, this last output needs a timer, that will shut it off for 10 or so seconds, prefereably a programmable time,

12:00am, or, every 24 hours.

thanks

gary

Reply to
vrgolf

I think you are posting to the wrong group. You are asking for the custom design of a switching poser supply. Your 12 volt auto battery will go to 8-10 volt or lower when turning the starter, then go to over

14.5 when recharging the battery.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

Yup. Easy to design (well, except for the "runs off of auto power and is glitchless -- but that can be coped with). But possibly hard to find, particularly with your 200mA current limit (and you should specify what happens when the load wants more than 200mA -- voltage droop? complete shutdown forever? shutdown for some period of time, what?).

Basically, if someone hasn't needed it already, then you ain't gonna find it.

Try sci.electronics.design either for suggestions on how to design, or to find a designer that can do it for you. Or my website, if you just want it done.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Something like this?

The timer could be messy. Maybe you can adapt an alarm clock or Casio watch or something.

I hope this isn't for some nefarious purpose..

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany