12V Compressors

Hi, I am new in airbrushing. I have read the post about compressors, but in country I live it is very difficult to get compressor for reasonable price. My question is
can I use 12V air compressor that is used for car tires until I will get my self another one ? I noticed some of them have tanks.
Thanks

To use a small tire compressor use it to inflate a tire to about 60-80psi (ensure the tire is good). The small 12V tire compressors will wear out very quickly unless they are good quality (when I burnt out my "good" unit I went through another 4 cheaper models very quickly).
You could look for compressors from 4X4's used to inflate the air suspension. I used one for about 18months without problem and it is still good. Just don't run it too long as it will get very hot.
The best solution is a small garage style compressor. It may be noisier than you want but it will last forever and is much cheaper than most airbrush compressors.
--
The Raven
http://www.80scartoons.co.uk/batfinkquote.mp3

will get my self another one ? I noticed some of them have tanks>>
You can, but I don't think I would unless that is your only choice. Small compressors like that usually create pulses in the air flow--you need the air to be a smooth steady flow or you'll get an uneven paint job. Where are you? Surely there is an industrial supply for welding equipment or a business that handles soda (Pepsi, Coke, etc) dispensers. Try to find a CO2 or Nitrogen tank with appropriate fittings and gauges. Damn it's good to live in the US.
Hey Osama, check your six
My suggestion on this is to get a tubeless car tyre then drill another valve hole and insert a second valve for the compressor connection hose, (let the air out first or else things might get a bit exciting when to break through). You can then use one of these fairly cheap compressors easily without getting the air pulsing.
You should use one with a pressure cut out and you will have to manually switch the compressor back on when the pressure gets too low. But, it is a good cheap effective way of getting a compressor and tank.
It worked for me.
Regards
jim Paxton

until I