Need recomendation for book

I got the book "Turret Mill Operation" by John G. Edwards for Christmas and I've found it a wonderful resource and learning tool. I got it because several people here recommended it. Now I'm looking for a similar book for operating a lathe, any ideas?

Thanks Greg

Reply to
greg

========= While not lathe specific I suggest "Machine Shop Trade Secrets" by James A. Harvey. Fantastic resource for even the experienced machinist. see:

be on sale at mail order mill supply stores

Also Moltrecht's books Machine shop Practice Vols 1 and 2. see

see
Lindsay also offers reprints of many of the older texts that stressed traditional craft (manual) machining. I particularly like:
Unka' George [George McDuffee] ============ Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.

F. George McDuffee

The old "How to Run a Lathe" that South Bend put out is a good one. It's on Ebay in several forms. Atlas had it, so did Craftsman.

Take this link and you may not even need to buy a book. If you delete the "ch7.pdf", you get the contents for the whole site's machine tool "how to".

Pete Stanaitis

-------------------------

greg wrote:

Reply to
spaco

Thanks George, I'll take a look at it.

Greg

Reply to
greg

Thanks Pete, I'll go buy a couple of reams of paper and a new toner cartridge and download the Army manual.

Greg

Reply to
greg

Its only 68 pages.