Need resistor value for Hobart TR250-HF foot pedal

Greetings Netizens, anyone know off hand what the value of the foot pedal resistor might be?.

Or if an owner of a Hobart TR250-HF Tig welder would be so kind as to look or measure the value of the foot pedal resistor for your machine and report back, I would be very greatful. I already checked the owners manual, no dice.

Found out what was causing my machine to trip breakers on start up. (previous owner rewired amp select switch thru a shorted reactor coil). Drew alot of current to get a weld going. With the short removed the unit now fires up and only draws 10 amps idling. Even the high freq works now. Hu rah.

Thanks in advance

Jim Vrzal Holiday,FL.

Reply to
mawdeeb

I can check one of the ones at school.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

DOH!!! OK I have to head over there tomorrow. I swear I will check one.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Greetings, server has been down for a while. Trying to catch up.

Call out to Ernie - Your probably busier than a one-armed paper hanger, but did you have an opportunity to check the resistor value on the Hobart foot pedal at your school?

Thanks either way

Jim Vrzal Holiday,Fl.

Reply to
mawdeeb

27 Kohm is what I measured ours to be.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

10Kohm is for Cybertigs and later machines.

We have the full paperwork for ours, not that it matters. It is stored in an outside container as an emergency backup machine. Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thank you so much. Local dealer was insisting it was a 10Kohm. If your school can use a copy of this owners manual and schematic, I'd like to donate one. Send me a snail mail address of the dept and I'll drop one in the mail.

Again, thanks for taking the time to look

Jim Vrzal Holiday, FL.

Reply to
mawdeeb