Need to purchase babbitt material

Hi,

I have been cruising the web, and while I can find a lot of information on babbitt, how to pour it, etc, I have not found anywhere where I could purchase anything less than 100lbs of the stuff. I have need for

10-20 lbs (2-4 5.5 lb bars), and not more than that.

I have been looking at magnolia's anti-friction metal, which should be cheaper and I have read good things on it.

any idea on a source?

Thanks in advance...

Dave

Reply to
fourkids

Try a supplier of industrial knives, many tree chippers use knives that are babbitted in place.

Reply to
bamboo

Reply to
David Billington

McMaster-Carr has all kinds of babbit

Reply to
Jim Stewart

If worse comes to worse, you can melt two dollars (~1lb.) of

1983-to-current-date pennies with two pounds of 50/50 lead-tin solder. Stir good before pouring.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

You might try Magnolia Metal. Here's a link to a page on the Metal Web News site with their 1929 booklet and contact info.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

while I can find a lot of information

have not found anywhere where I

100lbs of the stuff. I have need for

more than that.

anti-friction metal, which should be

it.

This place showed up on a Google search:

Model T guys might know of a place, too...

Reply to
Rick