New Smithy 1220XL

I just bought a new Smithy 1220XL machine. What are the must have accessories for this machine for milling and turning?

Reply to
Dick

"Dick" snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com

What things are you going to be making? Frank Morrison

Reply to
Fdmorrison

A 12 X 36 metal lathe and a vertical mill. :-)

I have a Smithy AT300 an old version of the 1220XL. The lathe is pretty good; the mill did not meet expectations. I bought a mill drill

If I had to do over I would have bought separate machines.

This was not what I wanted to hear when I bought my machine but I wish someone had shown "tough love".

Dan Cl>

Reply to
Dan Clingman

You will need some turning tools for the lathe. For general purpose turning, I use carbide inserts as described in

Beyond that, I suggest you contact me of list and indicate what you want to do to start with. Remove the obvious from my address.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards