New Virtual 'Nam Wall

Someone spent a lot of time on this and it is truly remarkable, take a look........................... Someone sent me the link below which is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Viet Nam war with the names, bio's and other information on our lost comrades. It is a very interesting link, and those who served in that timeframe and lost friends or family can look them up on this site. Pass it on to other veterans who you think would like this.

First click on a state......then when it opens .........a name.......then it should show you a picture of the person or at least his bio and medals......

To absent friends

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Wow! I found a bud that I've always wondered about. I knew him in the '60's, he eventually perished in a POW camp in 73.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I spent an hour or so, mentally dredging up names and looking for them.

Found far far too many of them in the listings.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Let's not get maudlin. Some sojers got killed, we didn't.

I learned that Bill Tromp made it to Lt Cmdr, O-4, oak leaf,like a major in other services. He was a Navy pilot, got shot down.

O-4 in less than 10 years was fast track kickass good.

His wife Gina was hot, oh Son! A copper country babe. Smart, too. I later ran into her on the campus of EMU in Ypsilanti where she was persuing a master's degree in whatever. That was when Bill was missing but there was still hope. Ancient dinosaur mores, ya don't chase a bud's wife until it's known that bud is dead and beyond caring. I wasn't sure if Gina was disappointed or relieved by my pass.

Gina was a head-turner beauty, a lovely and intelligent woman.

Then I encountered Mary, was smitten and that was that.

Mar is in hospital tonight. Getting old is not for sissies. Her sense of humor remains intact.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I dont think its mauldin. In a couple cases..it was relief when I didnt find a couple names, in others..it was a shrug and a toast (Mt. Dew) to a good soldier.

Memories dont always have to be mauldin. Seldom are, actually.

Give her my best and Ive just said a prayer for her.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I hope all goes well for her and she's home soon.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Is very off topic...yet very cool. thanks for posting this.

Reply to
Zymrgy

Continued reminder of high school classmate, Jim Connell, Delaware who was shot down over North Vietnam and died in prison camp after a couple of years captivity. Wonder if McCain knew him as pilots were grouped together?

John Kerry and Jane Fonda, prolonging war, are on my perpetual shit list. Jim may have lived through it if released early.

Reply to
Frank

Thanks, I found my VA-113 XO, who died in prison. I sat next to his wingman in the ready room just after Abbott got shot down. He circled over the clearing where Abbott landed. He could see that he was wounded badly. He saw the Viet Cong coming into the clearing from the jungle.

Burt Smith