O1 drill rod

Where is a good source for buying small quantities of 1/4 drill rod?

Thanks,

Rog

Reply to
Roger Jensen

Best prices I've found on drill rod and ground flat stock is:

For other tool steels, as well as for non-ferrous stuff, I've been happy with Online Metals:

The standbys are:

These last three generally ship faster in exchange for slightly higher, but still good, prices. Any of the three may have the best sale price at any given moment. Enco puts drill rod on sale more often than the others.

Cheers,

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Master Catalog Page 698 (PDF)

in case the above link screws up:

Ron Thompson Was On the Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast, Now On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.

--Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Reply to
Ron Thompson

Thanks Jim,

You are correct, there are great prices > > Where is a good source for buying small quantities of 1/4 drill rod? >

Reply to
Roger Jensen

If you can stand water hardening instead, you can use music wire from the hardware store.

Tim

-- "I have misplaced my pants." - Homer Simpson | Electronics,

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --+ Metalcasting and Games:

Tim Williams