Odd article

``The first came when Rebecca Zahau, the 32-year-old girlfriend of Arizona pharmaceuticals tycoon Jonah Shacknai was found dead Wednesday, her nude body hanging from balcony of his Coronado home, her wrists and ankles bound.''

``"Suicides can appear odd," San Diego County Sheriff's Sgt. Roy Frank said. "It's not unusual to have a suicide that appears to be something else."''

So, I guess, Sgt. Roy Frank is saying that Rebecca Zahau undressed, tied her own wrists and ankles, and then hung herself from the balcony.

Ignoramus12579

Uh, that one's a challenge. It really would take some forethought to get the noose in place *before* she bound her hands, while her feet are bound. Did she then have to hop up on the railing with bound feet to accomplish the hanging?

The mind boggles....

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I wonder if she also shot herself in the head four times...

Reply to
Ignoramus12579

ANOTHER slick party trick, to be sure.

Only in Arizona.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Reminds me of some of those investigations during the Civil Rights movement of the sixties. Coroners commented more than once, "Worst case of suicide I've ever seen."

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

OK but it happened in California. Five (?) days later the guys young son died in a fall down a staircase in the same home.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Now that you mention it, sounds like a similar story.

Ignoramus12579

California? That cinches it. Anything is possible in California.

Bad luck. I'd sell the place, or burn it down. It's jinxed.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Maybe she hated her husband so much that she wanted it to appear as though he had murdered her.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

I wonder if she knew Hillary Clinton.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Maybe Karma....

It's a safe bet that the girlfriend was murdered. Duh....

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Could be something kinky that went horribly wrong.

Reply to
J. Clarke

It's not unheard of for suicides to try to make it look like a murder. Tying one's own ankles is obviously easy; tying one's wrists is a bit more difficult, but the knot could be pulled tight with the teeth. Hanging one's self afterward? Prepare the noose beforehand, and step into it. Any support needed to reach it could easily be kicked away.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I read it as the kid fell while under her supervision a few days before she was found hanged and then the kid subsequently died of his injuries. Theory: The hanging might have been in retaliation for the kid's injury. If that is suspected but could never be proven, the cops might just call this justice and look the other way.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I do not really "get it" how falling from stairs can be so life threatening for a kid.

Who knows.

Ignoramus13316

people die all the time from falling down the stairs. think 30 step flight of granite steps. heck, hitting a sharp corner on a wooden step could be fatal.

Reply to
chaniarts
[snip]

That's what I tell the wife. :-/