one liner

The easiest way to find something in your shop is to buy a replacement. - GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

"Grant Erwin" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

And its definately true... Happened to me yesterday.... When I got back from shopping I found the tool I needed in my toolbox :-)

Best part was that its a 100$ Crimp tool for BNC connectors that I use once every 2 years or so..

Anybody need a brand new one ?

/peter

You can't return it for credit?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

"Jeff Wisnia" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@conversent.net...

Probably could, but the new one is nicer... Besides as most of you would agree.. You never have too many tools....

Am glad the female with the frying pan left some years ago.. She'd have killed me for that one :-)

/peter

I spent a couple hours making a metal part. Then the phone rang, and I put the part down, and talked on the phone for a while. After I hung up, I looked everywhere, and could not find the part--eventually decided that I would save time by just starting over. Just as I was finishing the second part, the phone rang again. As I went to answer it, , I put the new part down right on top of the old one. :-(

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Or check the fridge, and see if you put it away in there.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

lol..Ive done this too many times to count. In fact, its part of my :finding" routine to simulate doing whatever it was I was doing..and checking at each step of the way for the missing gizmo.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

I once found my (spare) contact lenses in the freezer Alan in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8 VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address

Reply to
alan200

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:55:15 GMT, "Leo Lichtman" calmly ranted:

Moral of the story:

Let the answering machine answer the bloody phone.

Lesson #2:

Time to head to the health food store for some Gingko Biloba tabs.

-- Like they say, 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name. ------------------------------------------------------

Lawyer-free Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

But before you do that, be sure to check BOTH hands very carefully first! I don't know how many times I've looked for a tool only to eventually discover that I was holding it in my hand all along!

Reply to
Artemia Salina

And pockets. I can't figure out how many times I've wound up with three of the same size wrenches in the same pocket. At least I'm consistent.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

||On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:33:13 -0700, Grant Erwin wrote: || ||> The easiest way to find something in your shop is to buy a replacement. - GWE || ||But before you do that, be sure to check BOTH hands ||very carefully first! I don't know how many times ||I've looked for a tool only to eventually discover ||that I was holding it in my hand all along!

LOL And I thought it was just me. Usually looking for my magnifying glasses ;) Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

LOL! ...and I thought I was the only one who does that!

Scotty

*** This post was written using 100% recycled words ***
Reply to
Scotty

Ever try to put on a second pair of reading glasses? Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I have real trouble since I can't find where I laid my glasses down unless I put on glasses to see!

Reply to
Nick Hull

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Andy Dingley wrote back on Thu, 21 Oct 2004 03:08:10 +0100 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Or ask the kids - especially for the remote. I was a couple days from getting one of those security lock cables that stick onto laptops, and wiring the dang thing to the sofa. But they got the clue.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show jim rozen wrote back on 21 Oct 2004 11:45:34 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

. Hey, I managed to "lose" three pens and never got up from the desk.

It was when I went to change the radio station that I found them all, neatly placed next to the cassette buttons.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gerald Miller wrote back on Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:52:18 -0400 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Fortunately for me, I have one pair which go on in the morning before I get out of bed, and come off once I'm in bed in the evening. But I recall an interview where the guy was wearing a pair of glasses, with another pair hooked in his shirt collar and a third on his forehead.

Meanwhile, I've been known to look for my earmuffs, and finally reach up to find that they are on my head, just not on my ears.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich