"Bad" Metalworking

Nothing wrong with making model steam engines and toy cannon, but if you enjoy slightly more "mischievous" stuff have a look at these links:

The Large Hot Pipe Organ. A huge propane powered, MIDI controlled ultra-low frequency "organ" erected from 10" diam. steam pipes up to 30 feet tall.

Survival Research Labs. A small group of artists who like to build mechanical nightmares and put on performances with them. Kinda like a no holds barred Robot Wars on steroids. They're currently working on a super large pulse jet which brings the police and fire dept.s every time they try to test it. Check the video clips for some exciting footage.

Artemia Salina

Burning Man is full of stuff like this...

Reply to
Emmo

They came to Seattle about 10 years ago, and got an ok from the fire department. A friend of mine went there to help them get their Tesla coil running. He took some video and showed me. Flames got up onto the Viaduct [old concrete freeway on Seattle waterfront]. I don't think the fire department will let them come back.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

New take on the Steam Calliope.

Probly been around about as long as the locomotive.

I remember Grandma telling me how my Hammond Organ with Leslie speaker reminded her of when she as a little girl and rode a steam driven merry-go-round that had a calliope installed within its center.

I wish my hearing was as good now as hers was back then.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

I guess they live up to their slogan, "Producing the Most Dangerous Shows on Earth"

Reply to
Artemia Salina