OT cordless drill battery replacement headsup

I have a friend on vacation who brought down a couple of dead drill batts with him- a milwaukee 18v and a dewalt 18v xrp batt. The dewalt was truly
dead- dunno what the heck went down but couldn't get any of the cells to take a charge individually. The milwaukee was better in that 4 of the cells wouldnt take a charge. I decided to change out all the cells with some harbor freaight cells . I anticipated using some 1.7 amp/hr cells to replace the cells that were 2.6 amp/hr in the original packs. Bought some h freight packs 18v that were shown on the website as having 1.7 amp/hr capacity.They were shown as being on sale for 9.99 on the website. Found 3 of the things at the store , brought them home and soldered em up. Then went to charge- the first 2 packs charged up on my maha 777 plus charges at 2.6 amp/hrs!!. I went back to the store and found one more on the shelf. Item #90121- they show the batts as being 1.7 amph/hr on the box.There were other 90121 batts that showed 1.2 amp/hr capacity. Tha's a good deal IF they continue to deliver the charge first seen on my charger. Pat
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:25:35 -0700, "patrick mitchel"

It's pretty safe to bet they won't. If they maintain 1.7 it will be a miracle.

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:25:35 -0700, "patrick mitchel"

I'm not sure your charge current relates 1:1 with battery capacity, but I think I might try that too. My Milwaukee batteries are zero for three. Two I've fixed by soldering broken leads inside, the third will no longer hold a charge. I'm now on my second milwaukee charger, they seem to drop like flys. This charger will now kill the battery stone dead if you leave the battery in after it's charged.
I priced out some replacement sub-c's at 9.99 each. Makes the HF deal sound great.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.
<clare at snyder.on.ca> wrote in message wrote:

I'll settle for that at less then 70 cents /cell. Pat