OT: Cylinder Head Replacement

Thanks, Ted. I suspect, now, that much was edited out of the original story. Gee, engine repair used to be so easy!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

(...)

Yup. Ed mentioned it. I didn't know that.

Jim reminded us that 'Troy in California' said he had the head rebuilt; the cams were supposedly torqued down properly.

I understand Tercel didn't have an interference engine until '86 - '95. This Tercel was described as 'early 80's' IIRC.

Not as much as was edited *into* it. :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

This sort of problem is pretty well documented on straight 6 BMW's. They even have a fancy factory tool to help avoid it.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Snell

Bookmarked. Thanks!