OT Dishwasher repair help

I have a dishwasher model number du930pwss0. It will not turn on. There is power to the dishwasher. I measured power on both sides of the door switch. There is 120 volts on both the brown and black wires with the door switch enguaged. Also on the door switch are two white wires. I measure for some r eason 100 volts on these.

There is 120 volts on each side of the thermal fuse, so I assume the fuse i s good.

I am assuming the only thing left is the control board or the touch panel.

Am I missing anything? Is this worth trying to fix? I think the cost of the control board is about 100 bucks.

I will say the panel lights came on briefely when I was removing the dishwa sher to investigate but they never came back on no matter how hard I tried.

I appreciate any help!

Reply to
stryped

s power to the dishwasher. I measured power on both sides of the door switc h. There is 120 volts on both the brown and black wires with the door switc h enguaged. Also on the door switch are two white wires. I measure for some reason 100 volts on these.

he control board is about 100 bucks.

washer to investigate but they never came back on no matter how hard I trie d.

You've tested some of the 120VAC wiring, but the lights (and the panel) pre sumably operates off a lower voltage. Probably you have a broken wire or other intermittent connection in the low-voltage power section. That explains the dark panel and

Reply to
whit3rd

s power to the dishwasher. I measured power on both sides of the door switc h. There is 120 volts on both the brown and black wires with the door switc h enguaged. Also on the door switch are two white wires. I measure for some reason 100 volts on these.

he control board is about 100 bucks.

washer to investigate but they never came back on no matter how hard I trie d.

You've tested some of the 120VAC wiring, but the lights (and the panel) pre sumably operates off a lower voltage. Probably you have a broken wire or other intermittent connection in the low-voltage power section. That explains the dark panel and the flash when you moved the thing.

If it were mine, I'd be doing diode-check and ohms check on the control boa rd (which presumably has the low-volt power parts) and looking at all the connecting wire (and p rinted wiring traces) with a lens. Most low-voltage power problems are mu ch less costly than a new control board.

Reply to
whit3rd

I've "fixed" two dishwashers via the internet. One skipped the drain cycle, another got stuck in rinse mode. Most electronic controls have a reset or diagnostic cycle, the trick is to find the magic button sequence. One I found in a home repair forum, another required a $10 service manual download. Try googling your make and model nunber, or maybe just make, many controls are similar.

Reply to
Larry Kraus