Do I have any hope of selling those huge CNC machines

This is the latest adventure.
I bought two Cat 50 CNC machines:
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid@07&aid 295&lid!786688&rfpb=0#Top
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid@07&aid 295&lid!786689&rfpb=0#Top
As you can see, they did not cost me too much.
They are "Brute CNC" and one has a Mitsubishi control, another has a Celca S3045 CNC control. Both seem to be from 2000's.
These are large machine, the biggest one weighs about 40,000 lbs and the smaller one, probably about 30,000 lbs.
They both presumably work and were not even doing daily production work, they were at a cosmetics plant making extruder parts or whatever.
My question is, even assuming the best about their condition, is there any hope of selling them for significantly more than their scrap and partout value. I assume about $8,000 scrap+parts for the big one and $6,000 for the smaller one.
I can rig thise machines on a buyer's truck, and I have a couple of weeks at the auction site, however I would be loath to bring them to my warehouse.
And my question is, how realistic would it be to expect to sell them for a lot more than scrap value in that short of a time frame?
My past experience was moxed, I could sell some machines and not others.
it is a shame, but industry won't touch them. And they are too big for most basements :)
If it were me, I'd put them up on eBay for one week, then scrap them when/if you don't get a bite.
Karl
On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 12:44:19 -0500, Karl Townsend

Or try letting one of the big used-machinery dealers broker them. Those guys usually are in touch with shops that buy big machines. If they don't have to ship it or warehouse it, they might make a deal.
I won't recommend one, because I'm wary of all of them. <g>
--
Ed Huntress

I am also wary of all of them, had enough dealing with dealers.

Yep, this is what I will do. I do have a week.
Ignoramus20341 wrote:

Sadly, no :(
They are just to big for a small shop and too old for any production environment. They are even too big to donate to some sort of "makerspace". I'd still list them for a week on the off chance someone has a need, but shipping would probably be prohibitive for any place not local to you.

OK, I think that the collective wisdom is that they will not sell. This is fine with me, as the iron is worth a lot more than what I paid and the servos, cards, pumps and so on will all add up quite a bit.
On Friday, October 17, 2014 5:36:20 PM UTC-4, Ignoramus20341 wrote:

You might try calling some big machinery places and see if they have any interest. Maybe they would have a place for the machines and would sell for some percentage of the sales price.
Check out http://www.carneymachinery.com/ They have machines of that size and a bridge crane to pick the machines off and on trucks. They just are not local to you.
Dan

The scrap+parts value of this machine is about 8,000 dollars. Doubtfully a dealer will want to pay more than that, plus they are all assholes.

Good point about the oil patch. You wouldn't believe the amount of activity out there. its the Wild Wild West.
Karl
On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 14:14:49 -0500, Karl Townsend

Or down here in Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale. Every time we drive down to the condo (Galveston), I see drilling equipment on hot shot trucks, new tank farms, refurbishing in old facilities, etc.
But with oil prices dropping, does anybody remember the '80's bust? I'd hate to see that again here.
Pete Keillor
Karl Townsend wrote:

Except they're mills.

Gunner, if you'd read the prior responses closely, you'll notice one responder referred to them as "lathes", even after seeing "vertical machining center" plastered all over them.
LLoyd

Thanks...
These Spanish controls use special Spanish G-codes: G-uno, G-dos, G-tres etc
On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 17:15:54 -0500, Ignoramus11869

And the special homing code, G-whiz.
--
In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.
--Charles de Gaulle

This is interesting! Thanks!
I will call them on Monday. i

found this on usenet, of all places:
Newsgroups: alt.machines.cnc
Subject: Re: Fadal Distributers NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 22:19:44 CDT
Here in Detroit, Fadal and CSI Cardenas parted ways last year. Cardenas is now selling a line of machines under the Brute name and the Fadals are being sold by a company called VMC Technologies.
Ed
Additionally, I found their specs here:
http://www.ccarcade.com/brute35.html
One machine weighs 30,865 lbs, and the other 37,400 lbs, not bad.
On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 16:11:24 -0500, Ignoramus9750

Great. Maybe they'll be able to tell you who might be in the market.
--
Ed Huntress

Exactly, I agree 100%.