This arm would be fun to scale up for a home shop:

Michael A. Terrell

Maybe. But that big mess of linkages will inevitably* introduce some slop into the tool position. I'd rather move the actuator out onto the arm near the joint that it is controlling.

*Unless you spend a bundle on high quality ball joints.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Half the fun is finding a better way to do the job. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Real industrial robots of all shapes and sizes seem to show up surplus fairly regularly. They will of course provide much better precision and rigidity than something like the toy noted.

Reply to
Pete C.

I got a welding robot with a dead control for $2 at an auction last spring. haven't done anything with it.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I hate you!

These are 50 taper machines:

Ignoramus8488

That's fine, if you have the money and space for them.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell