OT: duct tape and warts

We all know that duct tape, not gravity, is the force that binds the Universe together. Here's a new use for it! Our local pharmacy periodically puts out a little news letter. The Health Tips column in the current issue carries this item.

" about getting rid of warts

Duct tape is proving to be a simple, inexpensive and relatively painless way to get rid of warts on the hands and feet. Simply cover the wart completely with the tape and leave it on for up to six days. Remove it, wash the area and then reapply the duct tape after a twelve hour break. Repeat this cycle as long as needed. Many people have found this method of removing warts to be much easier and less painful than the traditional applications of salicylic acid or liquid nitrogen. "

Ted :-)

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Wait till Harold heres about that up at Possum Lodge.

Reply to
Shiver Me Timbers

You guys are slow, this has been in Dr. Gott's column for months. Also try Vicks Vapo-Rub a few times daily on your fungus toenail...

Tim

Tim Williams

If the women don't find you handsome...

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

||Also try Vicks Vapo-Rub a few times daily on your fungus toenail...

I'm staying with the ethylene glycol soak for now. Next up is the "pee on your feet" option as advocated by Chet Day. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

I heard it was soak in Hydrogen Peroxide. My wife had that and I told her for literally years what to do and about 3 years later she said her boss told her to do that and it worked ! After that I keep coming up with new ideas to call her boss with , but I just don't get along with that female so I never do bring them up with her. The wife was like "*See* it worked !"

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Pee on your feet Does work, assuming you dont have a bladder infection.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Reply to
Grant Erwin

The only time I got rid of a wart first time permanently was at 14 years old Dad had me rebuild a Petter single cylinder diesel. Well I did that and swung and swung and it just wouldn't run. Then it fired and the pad on my palm at the bottom of my second finger split open, right through a decent sized wart. When my hand had healed there was no wart.

I guess they can't stand pain.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

When my Cajun sister-in-law was about ten, she had four or five ugly warts on her hands. Mom-Mom (her Cajun granny) explained that when the moon is full, you take a potato, cut it in half, rub the warts with the inside, bury half the potato, and throw the other half under the house. My SIL was living at home on a slab house. Mom-Mom said she could do it at her house, since it sat on a stem wall.

Then came a full moon. They did it. Within four weeks, the warts were gone. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it. She had tried all sorts of wart goops and patches and everything. One of the damnest things I have ever seen. Don't know if it was by faith, there's something in the potato, or they would have gone away anyway.

All the family was amazed that one of the old timey cures really worked.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Just another data point: I had a persistent nail fungus that was cleared by hydrogen peroxide soaks.

Reply to
Bruce C.