OT ELM OBD to RS232

Has anyone used any of the ELM OBD to RS232 Interpreters and a lap top as a scan tool?

Stan Weiss

No, but I bought one of these about a month ago:

Read out a stored trouble code, fixed and cleared it. Worked great. Good people and fast service.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Reply to
Stan Weiss

I had a feeling that you were going in that direction after I reread your post.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Yes, about 3 years ago,.Hmmm time flies by. I used a Model 100 as the laptop.Free,easy to use,Nowadays, laptop means a P4,256Megs RAM, 40 Gig harddrive,etc. The Model 100 has run flawlessly as the computer/data logger. Fun part was adding more storage via I2C chips on LPT port

jay

Reply to
j.b. miller