OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

You conveniently neglected to mention that part where I posted the numbers that proved you and Ed to be idiots by proving Gunner's numbers. Also the part where, after being proven to be lying idiots by the numbers that you couldn't refute, you pathetically changed the topic a few times and went off arguing semantics.

ral

Reply to
Richard A. Lewis

See Churl, see Churl's stupid statement, see Churls normal stupidity.

Chuckle..as Bugs said.."what a maroon"

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'" Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Reply to
Gunner

As I recently said: sometimes gun owners are their own worst enemy.

Thanks for proving me right.

Since I have a new computer, I have to build a new killfile. Congrats, you're the first one plonked.

And your mom thought you'd never amount to anything.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

IIRC, the original statement was just that, I don't recall a conclusion being included in it. Except that you and several others drew conclusions and then tried to make the case that they were unwarranted... from the original statement. I'd say this discussion is, at best, a draw. I'm sure glad I raise & train mules. It prepares me well for many of the exchanges in this forum Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

So you assume I'm a gun owner because you lost the argument to me?

Figures.

Pathetic idiot.

ral

Reply to
Richard A. Lewis

Richard, you lazy phony. What you "proved" is that you can't tell 4/5 from

3/4; that your idea of "research" is to cut and paste from the NRA's website; that you have a delicately refined definition of "permit," but that you don't understand the word "anyone" at all.

Gunner didn't supply any numbers. He quoted someone else's numbers -- someone who no one seems to know, who may not even exist, and whose numbers you couldn't substantiate in the end.

"Arguing semantics"? Richard, you don't understand the meaning of "anyone"? Yet you sharpened your semantic pencil over "permit" without any qualms at all.

You're a phony, Richard, who claims to have researched the issue but who didn't even know that the "strict" regulations in Utah amounted to emptying one extra chamber in a revolver. You defend the claim that "anyone" can walk down a street in Kansas without having noticed that there's hardly a city or a decent-sized town in that state that doesn't require either a permit to purchase or that disallows open carry. Where are your "streets" that you're going to walk down with your gun strapped on, Richard? In a cow pasture?

When you want to get serious and really research something, come on back. Meantime, you'd spend your time better by practicing your quick draw. Slap that leather, Richard. Spank it, boy. You have all those murders to prevent...

And Merry Christmas.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Sure thing, idiot.

The numbers I quoted that you claimed were lies etc were from 2000 and were just over 76% is I recall correctly. If you have more recent numbers that disprove them, we'd all like to see them.

Problem with you is that you made some sort of claim to info disproving my post early on but it never materialized....just like the rest of your argument. You couldn't argue the cites so you fell back on pussy semantics.

I couldn't, idiot? Want me to repost that post you never redressed?

The thread's still open....feel free to post that disproof that you many times claimed to have but never showed. My numbers and cites are all right there for you to work with.

Should I hold my breath?

ral

Reply to
Richard A. Lewis

Sure there was, Greg. It was the rhetorical question, "so who is crazy?" Maybe you have a different interpretation of the thing, but it looks to me like he's saying that open carry results in fewer murders.

Here it is again for your reading pleasure:

=====================

"25 States allow anyone to buy a gun, strap it on, and walk down the street with no permit of any kind: some say it's crazy. However, 4 out of 5 US murders are committed in the other half of the country: so who is crazy?" -- Andrew Ford

=====================

How do you read that, Greg? Is he suggesting that those 4 out of 5 murders are in some way related to the rest of his statment, or is that just an aside?

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

No state constitution to my knowledge prohibits owning or carrying a gun openly. Local regulations do the controlling.

Reply to
strabo

"Constitution"? What about state laws? Strabo, go look at the freaking laws. There is no open carry by state law in Florida, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, etc., etc....

Jesus, don't you ever check a fact before spouting off?

Merry Christmas.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ed, do yourself a favor and killfile this idiot- he's never going to consider your words because that would require thought and that would require a fully-functioning brain.

Ol' Dick is still posting responses to me, even though I killfiled him (Dick- that means your rambling and offensive posts don't show up on my computer screen thingy).

The only reason guys like ol' Dick Lewis even use computers is because they can't get parts for their broken Radio Shack Navaho CB radios.

He's not worth the effort, unless you're like my cat and enjoy toying with your victim before administering the coup de grace. In which case, have at it!

Merry Christmas!

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

I think the key point that needs noticingis that *you* are still responding to me, idiot.

Sorta defeats the purpose of your pussy killfile, doesn't it?

ral

Reply to
Richard A. Lewis

Accusing me of making up stuff again, idiot? Didn't you learn that one the last time?

So you're saying that your entire argument is over the states that I listed as requiring a permit to buy or carry a handgun?

Go ahead and list yours as to how they contradict mine and point out how they do so and let's settle it once and for all.

How far is 76% of 15,000 from 80%? I'd tell you but you'd accuse me of making up the numbers again.

Pathetic idiots, you and carl both.

ral

Reply to
Richard A. Lewis

Does anyone else see any difference in those two statements other than the "attempt" part?

Come on, idiot, you can do better than that.

ral

Reply to
Richard A. Lewis

No, I don't see a conclusion at all. A statement of course. One that is selective in it's content, but more or less true. Even a suggestion is NOT a conclusion. To label it a lie is far more of a distortion and "ridiculous conclusion" that the original statement. That's why, to me it's a draw. And when it deteriorates into semantics, dictionary quotes of 3rd & 4th level definitions, and personal insults, it's garbage that's better thrown out than digested. Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

Well, a rhetorical question has a rhetorical purpose, or it's nonsense and doesn't belong in the sentence. The statement of fact is one thing; implying someone is crazy is quite another. That sure sounds to me like a conclusion.

However you want to see it, I suppose. But the original statement clearly is false in its fundamental claim (there aren't 25 states where "anyone can strap on a gun," etc. I read the laws for all 50 states.), and it also is a distortion in that it switches the issue from the number of states to the number of murders without noting that those are, on the average, low-population states, which means that the real rate of murders in states with open carry is much higher than the assertion implies. That's a frequent form of intentional distortion -- a lie.

Oh, I agree. But the Richards of the world need some attention, too. I just don't want to let him think he's being ignored.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Merry Christmas to you too, Carl.

As for Richard, he's a peculiar example of the kind I used to run into back when I was fighting gun-control laws, and it's been interesting to see that type of mind at work once again.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

The type who doesn't have to fall back to arguing pussy semantics when proven wrong....because I also don't tend to stick my foot into my mouth like you and the other idiot.

Arguing the definition of "permit" for christ's sake. How pathetic an argument can you have?

ral

Reply to
Richard Lewis

What about ' robbery is the taking without permission of anothers property'

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

Robbery is the taking of an item from a person. Burglary is taking it from a building, theft is taking it anywhere else.

When a puke breaks into your barn, and steals your jack, he is not committing robbery, but burglary. If he stole it from outside the barn, he committed theft. If he held up a knife and told you to hand it over, or from your vehicle when you are present, its armed robbery

Like Magazines and Clips..too much misuse of the wrong words creep into the lingo.