OT Gas Mileage MPD

You might consider a vehicle that does most and a trailer that does the rest. Trailers are cheap to buy/store etc.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Get the Subaru and put a trailer hitch on it. I bought new in '92 a dodge colt. It now has about 200,000 miles on it. I tow my 12' boat with it and a 4'x8' trailer. Maximum load pulled was 700 lbs with me driving and my adult son as a passenger. Kinda gutless but able to reach freeway speeds. So if my little car with a wimpy 1500 cc motor can do this I think a new Outback would make it over the Sierra mountains just fine. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

I rented an Outback for a visit to Fort Benning to see my brother before he left for Afghanistan. It did pretty well "off roading" on the back fire roads.

Reply to
ATP