Where to buy mini mill in Canada?

Hello all:

I was wondering if there were any Canadians on the group who knew of someplace in Canada that sells the mini mill. The one I'm talking about is the Sieg X-2, which is also the Grizzly G8689, the Harbor Freight 44991-

2VGA, or the Micro Mark mini mill.

King Canada only sells a mill equivalent to the Sieg X-3, which is too big, plus a couple of smaller round column mills. I would prefer a mill with a dovetail column. I think the Taig or Sherline would be too small for my needs. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
C.A. Decker

Here is a Canadian company selling the X-2. It is pretty pricey though. I keep waiting for it to go on sale.

Lance

C.A. Decker wrote:

Reply to
Lance A Boyle

Lance:

Have you had any dealings with House of Tools? Are they reputable? I wonder if they're like King Canada and import their machines from Taiwan instead of the PRC, which makes the price higher. Thanks.

Lance A Boyle wrote in news:ATTtc.611741$oR5.403802@pd7tw3no:

Reply to
C.A. Decker

Hi there, House of Tools is an OK store. I have a local retail outlet here (Calgary, AB) that I frequent quite often. Some of there smaller lathes and mills appear to be Sieg from China.

The only thing that keeps me from buying a Harbour Freight mill and paying the $300 in shipping is that if you have problems with it, you are screwed. I bought a lathe at House of Tools last summer and after a few hours the Chinese motor crapped out. HoT fixed me up with a replacement right on the spot and I was back making chips in a couple of hours. It could have be a nightmarish experience trying to get warranty from the States.

Lance

Reply to
Lance A Boyle

Good company , been around for ages . Not cheap but never heard of anyone getting burned by them . Stores in several western cities besides the online one . Ken Cutt

Reply to
Ken Cutt