OT gloat

This morning I bought a 6 inch Delta Rockwell jointer at the same tag sale. I did not buy it yesterday because (1) it is heavy and in a basement, and (2) I do not have much use for a jointer. And I can use the one at the mu seum so do not really need one.

But there is was today and it 20% off from what it was yesterday. Yesterda y it was a Whopping $69, so it was about $55 today. Had to take it apart t o get it out of the basement. The motor and base was one part, and the fen ce was another. A guy there carried the main part up the stairs and out to the driveway. I can pick up the main part and carry it, but I am cautious about stairs. Anyway it is home now and the lighter parts are in the base ment.

So there it is. An off topic gloat because it is a wood working tool. But the cheapest one on Ebay right now is ten times as much , plus shipping.

I think I could have gotten a 10 foot brake for aluminum. A guy had bought it for right at $100 and was having second thoughts. He asked if I wanted it, but I declined. This morning it was gone.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster