OT: Gold aluminum plus isopropyl alcohol equals purple color?

I don't know what that is, so I don't know whether anybody here has any idea what it is.

Purina Fancy feast cat food cans, the top is gold colored aluminum. I usually wipe the inside corner with a few drops of isopropyl rubbing alcohol.

The paper towel always turns out pinkish, purpleish. What is that? It does NOT come from the label. The label is nowhere near the wiped area.

Some sort of coating on the aluminum seems strange, but I cannot imagine what else would discolor the paper towel. A reaction between the aluminum and isopropyl alcohol seems like a remote possibility, but I really have no idea.

The gold color is made with paint?

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

You can try to clean the color off with alcohol.

Reply to
Corvid