OT: Got snookered by the teevee ad

I DID get rid of my spell chucker and installed a sense checker...but I got it from Larry.

Reply to
Buerste

Re-send, it must have gotten gone.

Reply to
Buerste

Well, you should see my $700 toilet brush!

Reply to
Buerste

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 22:57:39 -0400, the infamous "Buerste" scrawled the following:

Ayup.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hey, I'm HALF-Black...from the waist down.

Reply to
Buerste

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 05:41:27 -0400, the infamous "Buerste" scrawled the following:

Bloody BRAGGARTette!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

chorus; ya know when on

OOooodennnn. Naw! He's a

I'm a Finn, probably some Mongolian or Laplander in my genes because my mother (100% Finn) had sorta almond-shaped eyes and I have a bit of a squinty countenance as well.

Oh, and I partly grew up in Detroit near Tireman and Livernois so I must have a bit of black in me if only by osmosis. I was one of five white kids in my elementary school class. Being a member of a minority group clearly has its advantages these liberally-enlightened politically-correct days but it could be a problem back in the 50's, particularly if one was a minority among a pissed-off majority of a minority populace, aka a skinny lightweight honkey geek in the ghetto. I befriended a white guy named Dino. He was in his teens, still in

4th grade. Dino wasn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier but nobody messed with him or us. Serious error to mess with Dino but he really was a decent guy. I sorta taught him to read by reading comicbooks to him. We once found a dead baby in a shoebox in the alley. That was sort of a bonding experience as we fourth-graders tried to figure out what the hell we should do about that. We concluded that we should do nothing and say nothing, not our problem, let the cops sort it out or not. Hey, it was streets of Detroit circa early 50's. I learned some survival skills there that served me well in later life.
Reply to
Don Foreman

chorus; ya know when on

OOooodennnn. Naw! He's a

Piva NO!!

Who ate it? The dogs or the other locals?

Soumi!!!

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Piva? Paiva = day as in hyva paiva (good day), don't grock piva.

Anyway, not to worry: my forehead is quite vertical...

A cop car eventually appeared in the alley so someone else must have found it or smelled it or who knows whut.

SISU!!!

Reply to
Don Foreman

It thought it was the 'Brush off of the week club'?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Is that the one you designed for lonely lesbians?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell