OT-Gun owner deaths

Think about this:

A. The number of physicians in the US is 700,000. B. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year is = 120,000. C. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. (US Dept. of Health &Human Services)

Then think about this:

A. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000. B. The number of accidental gun deaths per year is 1,500. C. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner 0.0000188.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.

As a public health measure, I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical attention

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Another false statistic- you fail to mention that all doctors have guns to guard all that loot earned by selling drugs.

Reply to
turnitdown

Guess that makes doctors twice the danger that the previous post states?

Reply to
GMasterman

|>Another false statistic- you fail to mention that all doctors have guns to |>guard all that loot earned by selling drugs. | |Guess that makes doctors twice the danger that the previous post states?

..and armed doctors with swimming pools are the worst of all

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

My friends physician is an armed Republican doctor, from Pakistan, with a swimming pool at all three of his estates, drives a dreaded SUV (a Hummer, no less) as do both his wives and all the kids old enough to have a license, owns one rottweiler and two pit bulls, is on the board of directors at Halliburton, subscribes to the Washington Times and the Limbaugh Letter, watches the Fox News Channel, belongs to the NRA, has a concealed carry permit, employes 8 full time and 16 part time illegal aliens, is addicted to prescription painkillers, smokes cigars in public and has a pilots license. Wow, this guy is single handedly destroying the planet! !

JTMcC.

Reply to
JTMcC

Got any data on the statistics for intentional deaths by physicians and gun owners?

Reply to
Mike Henry

The trouble with this is that I have yet to see statistics quoted either for or against any controversial topic that are not biased toward the quoters views.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:31:48 GMT, "Tom Gardner" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

I own a gun. I don't like guns. hmmmm...

I use it to shoot injured stock and there have been a couple of times when I was glad to have it....and no, none of them was injured by me!

So. I will not buy into the debate. But the problem is that we have to factor in here how many doctors/gunn owners(holders?) _deliberately_ killed people, not just accidentally.

Then again maybe we don't want to go there.....

**************************************************** sorry remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Spike....Spike? Hello?

Reply to
Old Nick

He needs a trampoline for the people who actually can swim. Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

Thats the beauty! One can make statistics look anyway they want to. Liers figure and figures lie.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Again I shouldn't even post on this but. How many gun deaths per year are NOT accidents? over 30,000 How many doctors kill patients intentionally?

Reply to
Wayne

Actually, I maufacture, and sell, small, easily concealed bagels to schoolchildren in the hopes lowering the homocide rate.

Reply to
benwoodward.com

Presliced, one assumes?

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

Good one, Gunner.

I think this racist or politacally correct crap has gone far enough. Has no one realized that certain people migrate towards each other even though "they" try to segrigate? You know , I don't hate Jews or Mexicans , but I have been conditioned , NOT raised to hate unconditionally. We had a transported black African maid and I just found out that my mom is sort of racist , but I could care less what color or goofball reliogon they belive in as long as they be nice. Sure, when I even drive by a sin a god I know not to stop in that huge parking lot to make a phone call ! Crewl new word order...

And for the "people" who read this wrong , you better read again and slowly.

I'm keeping my gun. I really shouldn't worry , but I just can't get from work brick hammer to hurt someone with it as fast as pulling out a gun. I think tool for purpose not what you/I could do with it. I could probably bop you on the head from 20' with the hammer if I really thought about it.

To basically reiterate what I just said is that somehow humanity likes to be with people like them. I'm abnormal and don't see why, but that's something else. It does happen , I've seen it countless times. It doesn't even matter about PC its even the thought process.

Say your talking about Chinise machines or Itailan or Japanise or what ever , it's about who can make a product that works. Personally I have almost everything USA made and old , but that is cause of my buget and I want to do things that would just twist a little machine from HF. I had a resident Red vertical mill in my shop and was going to fix it , but ran into so many design problems that it seemed impossible to fix that I gave up.

Sorry, I should jump around and say things in their right posts , but ...

Reply to
Sunworshiper

I should go on. Sure , in some respects when I walk into an arab convenient store I should think nothing of it and so should they and I act that way. But, that isn't reality. I go into scarry places and keep calm and give them business even though I can hear their "body language " that says they would like for me to not come back, but I do. Hell, I'm all over the place , but down right honest. I don't like tackle box faces or white sepremises and don't want to be treated badly cause I have long hair. I could care less if the owner has been held up by 5 long hairs , I'm not , and going to pay for the goods. He has a right (conditioned) if so to think that way , but don't blatantly be obvious about it. But alot of places don't like you just cause you are different and have never had a bad experience from "your type" before... Even though they scream illegally at you to change to their ways.

Kinda like the time I ,,, Rain comes got to go.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

I did rant didn't I? Neck surgery two weeks ago...vicodin....more vicodin. Bad for newsgroup posting it seems.

Reply to
benwoodward.com