OT: Inexpensive eyeglasses

Got my new prescription, all details, etc. Unfortunately for me, Zenni does not do prism. Any other recommendations?

Reply to
Steve Walker

Bother. That's not good. I wonder if the optical doctor can write a different prescription. Accomplish the same thing without the prism? Of course, I display great ignorance, here.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In article , Steve Walker writes

I've been very pleased with the glasses from

I see they have a space for 'prism' where you enter your prescription

Reply to
Chris Holford

Thanks for the link. I see they offer several things Zenni doesn't The tow I noticed was glass lenses and photo darkening in bifocal.

BTW, what is a prism lense?

Reply to
Karl Townsend

It's an effect, usually made worse by tiredness. One eye sees higher than the other, making it harder to focus both eyes on a distant object without getting double vision.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I have a problem with my right eye when I'm tired. I had 'bell's palsy' a couple years ago, and the muscles are still weak.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Have you tried tilting your head a little bit? I find that it works for me when I get that tiredness double-vision thing.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise