OT: Legion of Honor awarded to WWII vet

The highest French award, the Legion of Honor was just awarded to my uncle Tom, my namesake, some sixty years after. He was always hush-hush about his
service in the OSS. He's 83 now living in AZ playing golf every day.
I just thought it was good contrast with the American haters that infest this NG.

Thank him for his service to our country Tom.
Wes
Tom Gardner wrote:

Please pass on my congratulations, from a Vietnam era Veteran.
prove it.
Tom Gardner wrote:

ROTFLMAO! For someone who has expressed such a poor opinion of everything French, you're really hypocritical.
BTW Try being a bit more honest in your posts: http://www.omsa.org/forums/showthread.php?tB0
George

Why would this change my opinion of the French? It took them 60+ years to fork over a medal to my uncle Tom. I had a bunch of relatives that fought in France in WWII, that still doesn't make me a hypocrite. The French are idiots but they might be getting on the right track with better leadership now. Your reply is non-sequitur, you're an idiot...are you French?
On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 18:38:11 GMT, "Tom Gardner"

========The main problem is that the French government keeps acting in what they perceive to be the best overall interests of the *FRENCH* people rather than the transnational corporations or the United States.
Of course this puts a large knot in the pantyhose of the transnational CEO's, hedge funds, etc. as well as the doofuses in our state department and other policy making departments, who no longer understand (or wish to apply) the model of "national interest" as it applies to the majority of citizens and not just the hidden agendas of elite/oligarchs.
What I don't understand is why it bothers anyone that is not a member of the oligarchy. How have the actions of the French taken one penny out of your pocket, one bite of food out of the mouths of your children or put a knot on your head or shin?
Unka' George [George McDuffee] ===========Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.

My minor distaste for the French really has little to do with politics directly. I have French customers and used to have French suppliers...they are idiots and reflect poorly on the rest of the French.

fought
are
leadership
suppliers...they
What I'd like is to hear what your French customers think of you. Chances are they probably have a pretty low opinion of you too, as do I. In your case it's one you earned and also reflects badly on Americans in general.
Hawke

I'm now to the point of pity for you. You must live in such a little hate bubble.
FYI, my French customer receive the same service as all and rate us at 9.3 out of 10. They don't know how to manage inventory and are constantly in trouble with over/under stock. I anticipate their usages and kanban for them independently of their ordering. I even call them to tell them they are probable out of stock on something or their orders are too large for their needs. YEP, they must surely have a low opinion of me and hate America because of me. Damn, you're a fool!
Hawkie wrote:

No, you are what makes people hate America. Your hatred and bile disgusts the whole world. It people like you who make the decision to keep the death penalty in place so easy.
prove it.

Chances
general.
When people like me were in the White House (back in the 90s) America was thought highly of all over the world. Now we have people like you in the White House and the world hates America. If you were not so bone headed you would see the connection. But since you will never get it on your own I'll explain it to you. The policies of the Bush administration and the actions of the US military, in killing thousands of people in other countries, are what has caused the hate for America. Having people like you supporting the wrongheaded decisions of the "decider" is what has made the US a pariah worldwide. It's simple really. Even you should be able to get it but apparently it's beyond your comprehension. How's this? America be good; world likes America. America be bad; world hates America. The truth is it's not people like me who screwed things up it's you and your republican leaders who did it. But you can't handle the truth.
Hawke
Hawke wrote:

People like you in the Whitehouse? What happened? What the janitor out sick?
prove it.
<snip>

This whole world would be better if Hawk (or, people like him) had been in the Whitehouse! Not even Monica wouldn't have blown him and there wouldn't have been all those problems. No worries about a sex scandal there! Of course, the country would have had a "Cheetos" and "Big Mac" shortage and competitive eating would be an Olympic event. The Whitehouse would be renamed "The Whitecastle".
Tom Gardner wrote:

Come on, Tom! He could never get a security clearance, and the Whitehouse plumbers couldn't keep any toilets working with all his crap.
prove it.
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

White House plumbers - mainly work with wire, don't they?
cavelamb himself wrote:

Those are the 'other' White House Plumbers.
prove it.
<snip>

Them terlets handled the Clintons....
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 01:39:57 GMT, "Tom Gardner"

I once knew a guy who was so crooked that when he had a house built, the plumber had to install the main drain line using elbows only. The guy's turds wouldn't go through straight pipe! Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Tom Gardner wrote:

They were only grade C 'bubbas'. Hawkie is a grade 'A' 'bubba', who needs a permit from the EPA to take a dump.
prove it.

your
was
you
I'll
actions
are
the
it's
I knew you would say that. Obviously you misunderstood my point, what a surprise, huh? Not! Only someone as dumb as you would take it that way. What a dolt.
Hawke