ot leveling tilled ground

I am tilling large sections of my yard to fix ruts from cars that ran off the road into my yard.

I am using a small tiller and tractor. What can I do to smooth the ground after it is tilled before I plant grass seed?

Also, my tiller is not wide enough to cover the tractor tire tracks. Is this a problem?

Reply to
stryped

Drag a piece of chain link fence behind the tractor. Weight it down with some lumber or a pallet...

Reply to
Rick

Get an old shipping pallet, drag it behind the tractor, may need to stack some concrete blocks, bags/boxes of dirt or something on it.

Worked well for me.

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Mike Patterson

If you have a powered wheel rear-tine tiller: There is usually a flap type steel guard covering the tines so you don't accidentally step on em (back of the tiller under the handles). I have taken a 6' long board and clamped it to this flap with c-clamps like a reverse dozer blade. With the tiller in reverse and you walking backwards, you can sort of doze material very quickly into a rough grade. Works great in smaller areas or places you don't want to drive something with any real power. Following that. use a drag of old fence or pallets as suggested.

Koz

Reply to
Koz