OT- Mobile Internet

I want to have a internet connection on my netbook when i go bargain hunting so i can check ebay etc, prices. My usage would be intermittent so i don't want to buy a pricey monthly plan that i won't use all that much.

Anyone have any experience with this company:

Seems like a good deal to me since i would be using at most 500mb a month.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beal

If you have good Sprint coverage this Walmart - Virgin Mobile sweetheart deal is pretty good versus the competition:

Whenever I activate it I have 1GB to use within 30 days, with a data rate averaging around 30-50KBPS locally. My typical non-video browsing habits use perhaps 20MB per day, much of that the ads on Yahoo etc and HF email coupons. Since June I've been using dialup alone for two months and then activating it for program updates and videos. I put the money in ahead of time because their MyAccount site responds slowly.

If you don't buy the modem at Walmart $20 gets you 500MB:

The modem's maker has installation packages for Windows, Linux and the Mac.
had problems installing it in XP until I found and ran LiteAuto.zip:
jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

c.

p://

I have one of the MiFi gadgets from wally world, works well with the netbook and tablet. If you're in a major metro area or along an interstate, it works well, check Virgin's data coverage on their site. I usually don't burn through the 1 gig a month that the $20 wally world special rate gives. Can have up to five connections concurrently with it. It IS another thing to pack along with the netbook, but can be a lifesaver. My engine blew up in Omaha, had to get a tow, googled up a tow company in a couple of minutes. I bought a spare battery for about $8, the original gives about 6 hours of use before running flat. The account maintenance website can be a little flakey at times but I can usually top up with few problems. It's an alternative to an expensive smartphone and can be used with just about anything that has Wifi. I don't have anything it hasn't worked well with. Only problem is they've jacked up the price on it about $20.

Stan

Reply to
Stanley Schaefer