OT- Product Of The YEAR! -Somebody Should Get A Nobel Prize For This-

"life imitates life" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I expect there's an infinity of pairs of primes such that p1 + p2 = n, where n is some number (there isn't anything exceptional about 100). Obviously, for *any* pair of primes greater than 2 (including p1 = p2), there is a non-prime number n (which is divisible by 2, since most primes are odd).

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

No! Look again! You can go round the centre in EITHER direction!

Look carefully and you'll see either physical or painted central reservations between the opposing lanes.

These 'Magic Roundabouts are usually spread out over a much wider areas

- look at this one:

If that wraps, use
The dual carriageways interconnecting the individual mini-roundabouts are clearly obvious here.

The idea is that you travel in the direction that suits you best - the shortest distance to your exit - but it doesn't matter which way you go ...

... so long as you keep on the right side of the road which, of course, is the left ...!

Reply to
Terry Casey

ALL primes, with the exception of 2 are odd numbers, silly man.

"Where n is some number" is ALWAYS going to be true as well.

Reply to
life imitates life

Visited Sedonna last year, where they are putting these in on the major highway through town. They are too tight an angle for a tractor-trailer, so every one of them have tire tracks along the side where the trailers just go right over the curbs...

charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Disgusting, it is soooo easy to avoid that problem using nothing more=20 advanced than standard pencil and paper drafting methods. It actually=20 seems to be harder to do with current CAD tools than with pencil and=20 paper. Most likely it is just young punks (under 35) that can't think.

Reply to
JosephKK

It may be interesting to see what happens when they run articulated = trucks=20 through it. Then again maybe such cannot even get there.

Reply to
JosephKK

Lived near HongKong in China recently for 2 years. HongKong now has BIG lettering "Look Right", or "Look Left" on almost every intersection. A GOOD idea other countries should adopt! Works really well on a long crosswalk that crosses 3 parts of an intersection with turn-lanes...

Now I'm living in Saudi Arabia where it's every Camel for himself.

Nothing is like getting Passed By A Price on the Medina road at 1AM. I was in the left lane at 130 KM/H, passing trucks, when I saw the flashing headlights behind me. Nowhere to go, truck on my right. He passed me on the dirt to my left, going about 200+ Km/H (Say 110 MPH, maybe). BigBlackMercedes of course.

Legend has it you never get stopped by the Police if you drive a BBM, because "Hey, It might be a Prince"!

Regards, Terry King ..On the Red Sea at KAUST snipped-for-privacy@terryking.us

Reply to
TerryKing

They can - and do!

Bing got a shot of it when there was a bit more traffic around - look here:

You can see the artics quite clearly. You can also move this view around to get a better idea of what it is really like at ground level.

Strange thing is, I don't know when they take these pictures but, on the rare occasions I drive round this one, it's usually crammed full of vehicles in all directions!

Reply to
Terry Casey

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 20:31:39 -0800 (PST), the infamous Glenn Gundlach scrawled the following:

I've been around the one in Medford, OR. Single lane, probably too small for 18-wheelers.

-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Must be doing it at tea time. ;-)

Reply to
JosephKK

And I thought your retardation was hereditary...

Reply to
John Doe