OT - question about liberal opinion

People are often complex and sometimes contradictory. Few fit neatly into the pigeon holes others would assign them to.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey McCann

Okay, here's the deal. I'm going to sponsor this little soiree. I get 10 of these "companion passes" on this chickenshit airline I work for every year. The fare is 10% of the full "walk up" highest fare, space available travel. I'll donate one to you, Gunner, to go to Harper's place. Or you, Harper, to go to Gunner's place. The winner gets a free, slightly used Oesterlein #3 tool and cutter grinder. Pick up by the winner in North Carolina only. Winner will be contractually obligated to pick up prize, or forfeit price of ticket to sponsor. Which would be me. My moneys on you, Gunner. And if you can't whip this arrogant prick, I'm damned sure that I can.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
gfulton

Seems to me that you live a life filled with stereotypes. Sorry Buckwheat..life isn't that way.

Does this mean you are not coming out to "fix" me?

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Hey, works for me. Id do a LOT for an Oesterlein tool and cutter grinder.

I propose, as the challengee, that he comes out to my neck of the desert. Fall is coming on, the weather is good, lots of wide open spaces and spend bullets (if thats his choice) can go for miles without hitting anything of importance. Id hate to endanger anyone.

Plus I have mountains, high desert, low desert, valleys and canyons to retire him to. Dig a hole very deep in Tampa and you hit water. Shrug..Id hate to have him float to the top in a couple months. Folks are pretty icky after being put in the mud that long.

Thanks for the vote of confidence btw. Much obliged.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I've been told my enjoying weekly church is rather odd, especially considering how rational my brain works...

Oh, and I like Metallica's St. Anger CD too. Mwa ha ha!

Tim

Tim Williams

Shrug, your opinion is noted. Which is one of the more interesting aspects of the Internet. No longer can distance and time be the cover over lies and deceit from any group. When wide spread communication became possible, when a lie or "error" is detected, the rebuttal is swift, and widespread. Which is the reason the Major Media is loosing market shares in a big way, and fewer and fewer people give them any credibility at all. Their Glory Days of being able to spew bullshit without anyone able to call them on it, are gone, gone gone.

The current Rathergate issue is a prime example. It was only hours after those bogus memos were posted on the net, that experts who normally would never have a voice to be heard, had not only exposed the fraud, but communicated it widely.

While you do have to separate the wheat from the chaff, it gives Everyman, a voice.

A perfect example is the decline in Liberalism and the slow death of the Democratic party as we speak. Look at the correlation between their falling fortunes and the rising internet usage. They no longer have the last word and they can be impeached and rebutted easily.

So more and more people realize just what sort of people these are..and they no longer are willing to accept them.

While not perfect, the Net keeps politicians and the Media somewhat honest..or catches them when they are dirty.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

In Re: OT - question about liberal opinion on Mon, 27 Sep 2004

16:21:33 -0400, by Jeff Harper, we read:

His other redeeming feature is that he likes cats and has cats.

Reply to
Strabo

What's true? That the ACLU didn't defend the rights of the nazi party to march in Skokie? You know that's true and you can't weasle out of it.

Yep, free speech *is* for everyone. But I'm still betting that case of Mt Dew that you can NOT find even one single instance of me telling you that you should not be putting your opinions forth here or anywhere else.

I may say they're dumb, I may say they're not well thought out. I may say that I disagree with your political ideology. But I'm *never* in favor of anyone shutting down the ideas or the propogation thereof.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Keep working on that reading comprehension.

Reply to
Jeff Harper

So I take it then, that you are one of the ignorant cowardly types we were discussing?

Thanks for playing. And the confirmation.

Shrug..I didnt expect much from a Liberal, and you didnt disappoint me.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

You're emotionally stunted..still at the jr high level.

Jeff Harper Tampa, FL

Reply to
Jeff Harper

Chuckle...you are still in denial.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner, that case of nectar is still *waiting* for you....

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Ill work on it during the week, Ive been busy moving stuff into the warehouse and cleaning out the back yard. I can actually see dirt again Im getting ready to go down to So. Cal. as Ive finally got some work. Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Oooh. I was thinking of getting a small storage closet near the house. But it was expensive enough to avoid. It would have been a bad idea anyhow.

Best of luck there.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

I'd actually agree with that. It does make it more difficult to suppress information. But at the same time it makes it a lot easier to throw up a smokescreen of BS to drown out actual information. Like your comment with separating the wheat from the chaff, but with more chaff thrown in for good measure. Most folks have the tendency to read only information that confirms what they already believe--even if it's rather outrageous. That kills off a lot of the benefit of speedy communication the internet offers. Then you have to fall back on lots of research and dot-connecting time to sort it all out and determine who's blowing smoke up your ass. That's why I say the internet is kind of crude. It's a thousand times easier to lie in writing than to lie in person. There's no mechanism in the internet to address that problem, so until there is the internet will be pretty much full of lies and liars--or chaff. So I personally require a face-to-face meeting before I decide if I like or dislike someone.

Reply to
B.B.