OT: RCM Mayor Gunner

Dear Mr. Mayor,

Part of the responsibility of your new office is garbage removal, what are you going to do about it? Also, you need to issue a few restraining orders, deny a few parade permits, issue more liquor licenses and tag the pedophiles. Your domain should have a mandatory carry law, whiners should be "Bitch Slapped" and OT posts should be limited to pets, firearms, humor and gloats.

It seems that you have been elected for life so you don't have to worry about reelection and can dedicate your time to using gratuitous violence where indicated.

P.S. I voted for you and contributed to your campaign so, I expect contract considerations and freedom from prosecution.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Well, I'm not Gunner, but here's what _I_ am doing about the "announcement":

Reply to
Dave Hinz

See: "whiners should be "Bitch Slapped" "

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Ah, but you need to supply his honor with the Mt. Dew kickbacks!

:^)

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

And, most likely packs and packs of smokes!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

And what exactly was the major plank in the "Gunner for Mayor!" platform? Was it "linear bearings in every home!"?

Bah! Politicians will promise you ANYTHING...

Al A.

Reply to
Al A.

And only veterans get to vote.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Heh. You are sorely mis-informed sir. It was:

"Each One of You Has To Take a Cat."

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

If every household had a pet cat or dog in it, the world would be a better place - Pets teach you about responsibility and treating others humanely, and in return they give unconditional love.

Well, cats sometimes show they love you in what we would consider very odd ways, like leaving a dead mouse on your pillow, but they do. They just haven't got the idea of leaving a mint on the pillow down cold yet - yeah, that's it, that's the ticket... ;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Damn. I didn't even know he was nominated! Do we get to vote from Aus?

Tom

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message news:1UMDf.23991$F snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...

Reply to
Tom Miller

And flashlights, Mr. Mayor! Don't forget flashlights! Survivalists need good flashlights!

Reply to
Don Foreman

"Don Foreman" wrote

Now, now, Don. Flashlights are a "special interest". This is the first step down the road of "earmarks". You'll be flying the mayor to a golf course, next :-)

-- TP

Reply to
tonyp

Easy to get a tee time after dark -- if you have a good flashlight!

Reply to
Don Foreman

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 13:06:27 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Don Foreman quickly quoth:

Nah, all survivalists need are a couple boxes of 9v batts, a handful of white LEDs, a handful of resistors, and a dozen rolls of black tape. ;)

Reply to
ljaques

No 4.5 volt (3 AAA) I know of uses an IC. There's a good reason for that. That said, the inexpensive little multi-LED 4.5 volt lights are quite handy. I have several of the hexagonal 8-LED jobs that sometimes sell for as little as $4.95.

Reply to
Don Foreman

That's a field-expedient flashlight. QED.

Reply to
Don Foreman