OT: Slime update

No, it isn't political. ;)

I pulled the snowblower out of the shed today and the tires still had air in them! That stuff is awesome.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Emergency tire inflators have some in it, too, but it's not as slimy as Slime. Good shit, unless you have some particularly bad boo boos, like my ATVs have. Need to take the wheels off two of them and go get new tires and have the rims straightened. Probably just replacing the tires and cleaning the beads would do it. But I carry a pump, and they only run 3# pressure, so no biggie. Too hard, and it rides like a sled. Slime is good on wheelbarrow tires, which are only slightly worse than snowblower tires for coming unbeaded.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Wheelbarrow tires should have tubes. The only reason to have tubeless wheelbarrow tires is to save a few minutes of labor at the factory for putting the tube in, and ensure that the tires will go flat and waste far more labor for the end-user. I have a free one waiting for me to go pick up a tube and restore it to life - tire is perfectly good, just too much crap on the rim to seal, and takes less time (and is a more permanent fix) to put a tube in than to get the rim clean enough to seal again. I actually have a bottle of slime sitting around, but would only bother with that if the tube actually got punctured (after I get the tube in.)

On a related note, wheelbarrow axles should have grease fittings.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

"Ecnerwal" wrote

Yeah, but that's too easy. What fun would that be?

Steve ;-)

Reply to
Steve B

Slime actually sells wheelbarrow tubes, pre-Slimed of course.

Reply to
RBnDFW

You gotta be pulling my leg. Where do they sell them? I want some!

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Ecnerwal

Damn, and I even have the Northern Tool HARD COVER catalog!

That means 10% off! I'm going shopping.

Thanks.

Reply to
Steve B

But, was there pressurized air, or atmospheric air?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon