OT: summertime regardless of caliber or quadrature

Global cooling, no doubt. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) on Wed, 04 Aug 2010 22:59:24 GMT typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

That's just his point. As "nice" as Grayling is, it was way too muggy for him. Going the other way, he'd tell you "you think Grayling is dry, ya'll ought to come out to my place. Why just last week, a man was hit by drop of rain - knocked him out cold. Had to toss a couple buckets of dust on him just to revive him."

Or to put it another way, if you think this is bad, you should have seen the hell hole that made this an improvement.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

It was like that here today as well. Outrageous! The tropics have not been generating storms. We finally have 3 tropical disturbances one heading into Mexico and maybe will hook this way.

Tough Seas> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Thats why I live in the freaking desert. It was 109F today at 15%

At least I can breath and work outside..though the sun does kick my ass.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

All those posts crying. Sure it is a bit warm, I just wear a pair of jeans only. This is nothing compared to 125+ in a humid hole in the ground that will be a swimming pool or once again. Days like this I go to the river for an hour, which is about a mile away and put on the bikini underwear and swim around like a fish (No sharks to worry about.) with just about not a sole around. Bald eagles nest across the river with nothing but their cry's breaking the silence mostly and sometimes spectacular flybys while viewing the edge of the rippling water and blue sky and green trees all around. If I could just keep that below zero sideways snow out of my mind. I'm just not use to this yet, I'm really into the summer swim, but still have that image of snowmobiles flying up and down the river.

Someday I'm gonna order one of those china bicycle engine kits and put it on my free beach bike and be bop to and from.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Why in the world do you need to mow your lawn? When it's this hot, the grass just stops growing. Unless, you're like some of my neighbors and water it every damned day.

Reply to
rangerssuck

But, I should add, we have a HELL of a crop of string beans, basil and tomatoes. Best year ever for that stuff.

Reply to
rangerssuck

No, just local weather... :)

Reply to
cavelamb

Just checked my thermometer and the max. here so far is 97.5, no idea when that was. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Thank you, I'll try!

March three miles at quicktime in my body on a hot humid day before you declare old fartdom as far too easy, but having fun is definitely a priority here.

Lookin' forward to going swimming with Bella, hot dogs and s'mores around a campfire at the lake, and an outdoor range date with Londoner Hassan who purely loves shooting like we Americans can do. Oh, and of course we'll hope that Bella can catch some brightly-colored scrappy sunfish off the dock or from Poppy Don's sparkly green boat.

Summertime in Minnesota, in a timewarp where there is only one traffic light in the entire county and few folks lock their doors at night. The big bux affluence is on the lakes near Alexandria. Those lakes are good lakes but we wouldn't fit in there.

Anyone who doesn't think we're rich just ain't paying attention.

Reply to
Don Foreman

That's not what the deniers were saying in January. There's one good thing this heat has done -- it's driven some sense into them. Or left them deaf and dumb; it's hard to tell which. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You're hopeless, Ed.

This is normal Texas weather - has been since I was a kid, anyway.

Shoot. We don't normally say much about it until it hits 100 - at midnight - for more than 30 days straight.

Then we can brag a bit.

Reply to
cavelamb

Since you are a ham radio operator, you must be familiar with the Sun spot cycle. This cycle also is the El Nino , La Nina cycle. The current weather is pretty much what one would expect from being at the peak of an El Nino cycle. With the increase in CO2 it should be a little warmer, but it is hard to know how much is a result of the increase in CO2.

I am not a denier, just an agnostic as far as global warming.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Bless you, Dan.

I gave a link to the NASA report on that a week or two ago. They changed the subject matter of that thread immediately.

So... A different twist on the argument? Is the cure worse than the problem? Geoengineering verses global warming

cavelamb

This time of year, to knock the weeds down to the height of the grass...that, and the crabgrass never quite goes as dormant as what little fescue I have. --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
Glenn Lyford

And then, of course, one has to ask, "Who gives a shit about the fescue? Why is the weed a weed, and the fescue desirable?" This is a whacky world where people think they need to have putting greens in front of their houses. I'd rather go back to the victory garden days and plant food. It's better for the planet and far more interesting to look at, IMO.

Reply to
rangerssuck

It's still growing.

I haven't watered it all year. We're getting enough brief showers to keep it going, just barely.

It's done now. I filled a big garbage can with the clippings. If it wasn't so full of weed seeds, it would have gone onto my compost pile.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

The basil is taking over here. The tomatoes were planted late; they're still not red.

But the squirrels are having a ball with my neighbor's tomatoes. I saw one up a tree with a tomato as big as a tennis ball. I can't imagine how he carried it up there.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

This appears to be another case of selecting a bit of data and trying to correlate it with enormously complex phenomena. NASA has some comments on it, and there are other studies that suggest it's an ambiguous effect:

Ham-radio-level study of the sunspot cycle and its relation to ionospheric radio-wave reflection provides me, at least, with not the slightest clue about what it all means to global warming. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Sunworshipper fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I recently bought a Scag 61" Turf Tiger. I can mow 6.4 acres "like a golf course" - including about 500 linear feet of weed whacking - in roughly 4 hours.

I tried one of those Swishers, and they really bog down in dense pasture grasses, slowing your progress to below the speed of a slow walk, even if they're not cutting long grass short.

The Turf Tiger mows 8" high thick Coastal Bermuda, which is almost as tough as Pensacola Bahaia, to 3" at roughly 6mph.

Why do I have a need to make it look like a golf course -- because it looks nice, and I get to turn off my brain and just ride for about 2-1/2 hours a week. All the rest of the time, I have to attend to "other peoples' problems". But I can't hear the cell phone and/or other interruptions while I'm on the mower. It's a form of recreational escape.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh