OT: Tankless Hot Water Heaters

Yes, agreed... top posting is both confusing and annoying for newsgroup posts.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

I believe I've seen a gas fired one but have no actual experience with them.

Reply to
john B.

Acknowledge and loosely agree.

Steve

Reply to
Josepi

Oooops. Temp at 105 F??

Not in this country. Must be 60C or 140 F minimum for killing Legionella bacteria.

Mind you, truth be known, it doesn't happen with a heater (gas flame) on the bottom of the tank. There is no water "cool zone" to breed the Legionaire's bacterium, under the heater, as in electric tanks. Building Inspectors do not care though...it's just 140 F and then a down mixer to avoid burns of the kids and grannies in the shower.

Big investigation in PQ, Kanukistan, years ago and they discovered where it happens.

Acknowledge and loosely agree.

Steve

Reply to
Josepi

I agree 100%.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

A plumber friend of mine says run, don't walk, the other way. Nothing but trouble and expense, for very negligible energy savings.

Reply to
clare

Net news was top posting for many years. It came from when we were getting stuff using TTY's.

TTY - Teletypewriters. The output is paper.

Consider the dial in guys that were paying for lines of text transferred. Top allowed only the latest.

It doesn't mean you have to hit the page down button 3 times and then see the worthless answer.

Simple as that. Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Replacements should be able to run on the old tank supply.

My tanks are 220v and dual cores. Lots of power ability.

Two bathrooms share one - and the kitchen and laundry and 1/2 bath share the other. Two complete circuits.

The kitchen unit (laundry area through a door) is ideal to change. Limited use or low use. It was converted to a single core heater, next will be a tank-less.

Mart>> Hi all,

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

We just put an eight gallon electric in our kitchen remodel simply because of cost. Tankless was a lot more, and it would have required a long run of electricity.

It all depends. Everyone has a different setup and run lengths and needs.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

You must be using "net news" to mean something other than usenet. I've been on since site names were bang-paths; video terminals were definitely around (and they were what was primarily used) back then. And doing something as dumb as top-posting just didn't occur to people.

Here's the first post in google's archive (from May, 1981). You'll notice it uses interleaved quoting:

Joe Pfeiffer

Ha! Found a post of mine from 1983! I was on before that, but nothing appears to be archived....

Joe Pfeiffer

Interleave posting is even worse than top posting.

The only reasons that a poster would try a troll about top posting are:

- Just being a trolling jerk for some getting "even" basis from an old wound

- Losing an argument and need a distraction (another troll)

- Just a sheeple beaten into submission by the other sheeple

- paid money for a supposed fancy news browser and it has trouble when you don't out all the right caret symbols, indent the attachment text and put the post you want to read at the bottom, more correctly somewhere in the middle of the post their text starts (you go look for it) inconsiderate style.

Oh yeah these idiotic news readers can't handle a few hyphens in a row either.

More fights are caused on Usenet due to pathetic news readers causing confusion over who said what. If the trolling gets too persistent I put them in my bozo bin. I am here for content not childish whining about format. Rich Grise is very close to that as his posts are not interesting enough to be worth the immaturity from his trolling on this matter.

Net news was top posting for many years. It came from when we were getting stuff using TTY's.

TTY - Teletypewriters. The output is paper.

Consider the dial in guys that were paying for lines of text transferred. Top allowed only the latest.

It doesn't mean you have to hit the page down button 3 times and then see the worthless answer.

Simple as that. Martin a very long time user.

Reply to
Josepi

My first home had a gas 22.5 gal US tank with large BTU capacity, apparently. When you overused the capacity of the smaller tank in the shower, we just turned off the shower head and in a few minutes of shampooing you had warm water again. This was the best of "tankless" and large tank units.

Replacements should be able to run on the old tank supply.

My tanks are 220v and dual cores. Lots of power ability.

Two bathrooms share one - and the kitchen and laundry and 1/2 bath share the other. Two complete circuits.

The kitchen unit (laundry area through a door) is ideal to change. Limited use or low use. It was converted to a single core heater, next will be a tank-less.

Martin

-- >> Hi all,

Reply to
Josepi