OT - Teflon Coating

Is there a way to teflon coat, or other non-stick coat, a part in a small workshop?

This is an aluminium part, which is a component of a yard vacuum.

Thanks.

Reply to
stone

i'm sure you, like me, would prefer to do it yourself in your own shop, (i just finished doing a at-home spray-on truck bed liner, came out darn near perfect!!). in the past i think the guys here have said that teflon coating

*is* something you need special equipment do to. a while back i came across this website...
i bet they'd do it for you. i just tried to do a google search for "teflon re-coat" and i got several hits. they're out there. i'm planning to send this guy a calphalon frying pan. seems inexpensive enough to have him do it. thing is that's disappointing though, he says he has to do the entire pan, front and back and handle too.

b.w.

Reply to
William Wixon

MSC sells "bondable PTFE" sheets (quick search at

for what I quoted). One side is treated so you can glue it with ordinary epoxy. This is what I used to retrofit my Bridgeport saddle bearings.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Wierd. They want $17 vs $10 if you are not commercial. What does that mean anyway?

Reply to
xray

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 03:46:27 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, xray quickly quoth:

They discount it for businesses who will then resell the work at $17?

Reply to
Larry Jaques