OT-The war is lost

Please tell me how that justifies doing violence to them?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

The self-righteous always claim "addiction" when they're trying to lay a guilt trip on those of us who haven't denied our Free Will or turned over our life to the .

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

No, the _real_ question is, "How do we get people to stop letting their Free Will be oppressed by tyrants?"

I fear that the vast majority (the "sheeple") don't want Freedom - they want Mommy.

Sigh.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

They could collect, say, $100.00/lb import duty on foreign weed, or maybe even a percentage of its price; that'd generate a lot of revenue: Fed: "Anything to declare?" You: "Yeah - ten pounds of Acapulco Gold in the trunk." Fed: "OK, that'll be #1000.00." You: "Here ya go!" Fed: "Have a nice day!"

Or $220/kilo. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Probably from the same place I did...holding a persons head and trying to keep them from asperating vomit after finding them turning blue on the floor of their kitchen as the result of an overdose.

But..other than that..you are indeed absolutely correct. Drugs should be legalized.

In less than 2 yrs, we will have a massive die off of a significant fraction of our population,..and then the rest will learn the dangers and die off individually rather than as a large lemming like herd off the edge of a cliff, after we legalize all drugs.

Coming on the heels of the Great Cull..we will be short at least 3-5 million people, which will make rent far cheaper for the survivors.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

If you are a driver, or a pilot, or a doctor, or someone with access to deadly machinery...yes..it certainly is.

Rich..Im not trying to rescue you. Im simply trying to stay alive, along with my non drug using friends. Its bad enough having stoners and tweakers driving cars..but double or triple the numbers of both..and it will be really interesting for a while.

But you are indeed correct. This is a problem that has grown for a century..and resolving it will not be clean, or neat.

Ill just make sure I get a nice big heavy SUV the day the laws are removed. Maybe armor it a bit..I drive a lot. Put run flats on it....

Then Ill sell it 2 yrs later after all the fuckheads are dead.

But you are indeed correct.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Violence? Humm? Who suggested doing violence to them? Wasnt me certainly.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

So how long have you been a regular pot user, Rich?

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Uh, because you need to get the money somewhere to support your habit, and if you're an unproductive member of society you must steal to get it?

What do I win?

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

Naaa, you become a drug dealer to support your habit. When your busted obama care will pay for your rehab and now that you have a disability you qualify for social security disability checks along with food stamps, rent subsidies and medicade.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Oh, like the lottery, but with no chance of losing?

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

Sure. But the instructions are on the bottom.

I buy the restaurant sized boxes of salt, because I use so much. The high blood pressure and some other medicine I'm on removes most of the sodium from my body, so I have to use five to seven times the 'normal' amount. Even then, I don't taste the salt. It should be enough to make you gag, but I don't notice a change in flavor till I pass over 10 times normal. I pay something like 78 cents for a four pound box of table salt at Sam's Club.

There has been some talk about putting a high tax on sodium chloride, to force people not to use it. I hope that if they pass that law, that the morons who vote for it die a slow an painful death, covered in the pressure sores that are caused by too little sodium in their bodies. They don' say, 'The salt of life' for no reason.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It looks like the pot is making him paranoid. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yep, remember seeing Reefer Madness (a DEA film) - was about as useful, accurate, and informative as the sex education films we were shown..... Wasn't your DEA basically founded by (cant remember) someone who built an empire out of scaring people about things that were not previously controlled because they weren't a problem? - Your Mr Hoover of the FBI did basically the same thing......

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

It was a bit more involved than that, but basically, yes... For instance:

Pot had been used by everybody for generations and several of out founding fathers had vast acres growing - for hemp (was used for rope before manilla).

In 1619 the Virginia Assembly passed legislation requiring every farmer to grow hemp. Hemp was allowed to be exchanged as legal tender in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland.

After the Mexican Revolution of 1910, Mexican immigrants flooded into the U.S., introducing to American culture the recreational use of marijuana. The drug became associated with the immigrants, and the fear and prejudice about the Spanish-speaking newcomers became associated with marijuana.

Anti-drug campaigners warned against the encroaching "Marijuana Menace," and terrible crimes were attributed to marijuana and the Mexicans who used it.

During the Great Depression, massive unemployment increased public resentment and fear of Mexican immigrants, escalating public and governmental concern about the problem of marijuana. This instigated a flurry of "research" which linked the use of marijuana with violence, crime and other socially deviant behaviors, primarily committed by "racially inferior" or underclass communities. By 1931,

29 states had outlawed marijuana.

During the Great Depression, massive unemployment increased public resentment and fear of Mexican immigrants, escalating public and governmental concern about the problem of marijuana. This instigated a flurry of research which linked the use of marijuana with violence, crime and other socially deviant behaviors, primarily committed by "racially inferior" or underclass communities. By 1931,

29 states had outlawed marijuana.

After a lurid national propaganda campaign against the "evil weed," Congress passed the Marijuana Tax Act (1937). The statute effectively criminalized marijuana, restricting possession of the drug to individuals who paid an excise tax for certain authorized medical and industrial uses.

Excerpted from Frontline - The War on Marijuana.

Reply to
cavelamb

I though Manila rope was made of hemp - it was far superior to the sisal used nowadays, both in strength and flexibility. And from fading memory, the hemp grown for rope was not the variety that could be used/ abused for recreation - but, a field of it looked the same, so it was all banned....

And dope has got its problems - research has shown that it CAN push those so inclined into psychosis, similar to some people wrecking their lives with alcohol.

So, in balance, what to do - legalise a commonly used recreational drug, or continue a futile campaign against it. The points made about the Taliban production of Heroin are true, it is a cheap, effective way of destroying the will to fight of an occupying army - same as in Vietnam....and then bring the problems home......my, how history does repeat itself......

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

And for smoking. A letter from George Washington back home contained a reminder about treatment for female plants. Female plants are for the bud, not the fiber.

Not only that, but the colonies in question were happy to accept hemp for payment of taxes.

The newspaper articles of the day also spoke of it making white women looser around negro men.

Strange it was unconstitutional for them to outlaw alcohol a couple decades earlier, but now it was suddlenly within their power.

And just 5 years later, they were producing movies to encourage farmers to grow more hemp for the war effort.

You might like to read "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" probably the seminal work, now available online,

Steve Ackman