Lost the plot?

I've been watching a few items on ebay with interest :)
BB560 Calypso RRP 429.99 NOW ONLY 1361.99 And HMS Victory - OUR SPECIAL EBAY PRICE 1260.00 for a kit that retails at 300...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?item21000534616&_ssn=hobby-power&_sop  definitely seem to have lost the plot on this reduced price thing :)
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Looking at their other stuff, it does give the impression that these, plus a few more, are simply typos with an extra one at the front of the price.
OTOH, If someone willingly pays 1000 more than you need for a product, are you going to be upset? :-)
--

Mark Rand
RTFM

Mark Rand wrote:

I'd been watching the victory kit at 260 so I did ask when it jumped, but not had a reply in a week so obviously they don't take much care ... so would one deal with them at all? :)
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
On Saturday, September 28, 2013 8:22:56 PM UTC+1, Lester Caine wrote:

It,s cheap advertising and escaping ebay and Paypal charges.They don't want to sell through ebay,they want you to contact them direct via the details provided in the add. I find if I sell something on there and the buyer pays with Paypal,I lose something like 10 - 12% of the sale price in charges. Even worse if I ask Paypal to pay me the money right away.

Surely the Ebay listing charge is proportional to the price set? The higher the price, the higher the Ebay charge, whether it sells or not.
Cliff Coggin.
On 29/09/2013 17:54, Cliff Coggin wrote:

Perhaps it was listed on a free listing day?
Or perhaps the listing fee is small compared to that saved by that saved on the items 'not selling', at least not at the headline price.
Several items on that page have 1000 added to the headline price but, in the main text, the price is lower.
I was intrigued by the 'bait boat', used for carp fishing it seems!
Seems on a par with the pricing policy.
On 02/10/13 22:52, Brian Reay wrote:

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that some vendors will put the price up when they don't have stock so they don't sell rather than pull the auction.
snipped-for-privacy@ems-fife.co.uk wrote:

Well if they had a website then I'd understand that, but I simply search for other suppliers who are not on ebay anyway and buy from them ;) Cheap advertising only works if people understand that is what it is?
Cliff you only pay when something sells and a percentage of the final sale price ... which is why I don't use ebay myself. And I put up with paypal since it's actually cheaper for me that paying the bank every month :) Although many people do internet banking these days so I'm paying even less paypal changes.
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL