Ebay Items

We have put some stuff up on ebay, including some BOC/Murex regulators etc and a couple of engines. Will some more after the weekend when I get a chance to have another dig in the pile...

Look under ebay user name 'listerdiesel' or use the following link:

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email Address: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web Pages for Engine Preservation:

Peter A Forbes

Silly question why are they priced in US$? Fed up with dumb americans not being able to cope with anything other than dollars?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Peter has put them on the US Ebay site for some reason.

John

Reply to
John Manders

I haven't got the original post to reply to on the newsgroup yet, so I'll reply to John's post.

We put the parts etc on ebay.com for the very good reason that most of the parts and equipment need a wider audience and better selection of headings than that provided by ebay.co.uk.

Searching for an item on ebay.co.uk by default is in the UK only unless you specify otherwise, while ebay.com has a worldwide site search.

As far as the currency is concerned, it makes no difference what we are paid in, as long as we get paid. We have much less trouble with overseas bidders than with UK ones, who tend to want auctions to be finished early or haggle over postage or whatever.

The Americans that we meet with at Portland and Tulare shows are invariably generous to a fault, and have no trouble running the largest engine and tractor shows in the world, with the lowest entrance fees, including a show guide that is free of charge, the cheapest food and drink prices at a show and so on, so if that is because they are 'dumb' then long may it continue.