OT - Workers Compensation Idiocy

...snip..

Umm, you should ask a knowledgeable greenie what grows their natively. All you could really be asked is to plant endemic species (what occurs there naturally) from endemic seed/sources. i.e. the genetic make up should be plants from the same valley/next valley and no further. Anything else is just bullshit.

I would also be taking in aerial photographs of his property before he started, as many as you can collect going back as many years as possible. This provides the bench mark.

I have always found when dealing with shiny arses that it helps to take notes of who said what at the meeting. It sure changes the tone. Also helps to respond to their queries by letters to the local newspaper (if you are a public body).

Reply to
Terry Collins

...snip.....

On that subject. Make sure your doctor also sterilises their stethoscope between patients. I picked up body growths from a quakc that way. And I've never seen any user of stethoscopes actually sterilise them. although the doctors assistant (blood sugar and pressure) did sterilise her hands after sneezing (only time in 50 years I've seen it).

And thanks for the idea. I will try to remember it when I travel, and to wear studded jeans.

Reply to
Terry Collins

Geese are used to protect pecan groves from people.

It would appear that the dry streams are prone to high speed and long volume rain runoff from time to time. The ox bowing is in progress. Lot of silt is shown. I used to live north east from there 30 years ago.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:06:50 +1000, Terry Collins calmly ranted:

Heh heh heh. Make sure to wear an empty holster through the security check, too. They looooove those.

------------------------------ Gator: The other white meat! ------------------------------

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

They also mailed a copy. I received it yesterday. They have a web site

I haven't had time to check it out. I don't know if there is anything useful there.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

UPDATE: Case closed. I spoke with the investigator today. Seems they have had quite a few enquiries. Civil penalty around $5000. Investigator's reason for waiting 2 years before stopping; he thought he surely had a permit.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:16:15 GMT, Andy Asberry calmly ranted:

The EPA "investigator" should be fined "around $5000" for thinking. If he had a feeling that something was wrong, waiting several years to make sure was the absolute worst thing he could have done, both for the "offender" and for the potential damage to the environment had he actually been doing something nasty.

BLM stories around here are the same way.

--============================================-- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ---