Painting machine tools

What are y'alls ideas on painting machine tools. Need to paint my lathe but am unwilling to take it apart to do so and also unwilling to spray it in place, so it looks like brush/roller will have to do. Who makes a decent, hard paint that will flow out decently and hold up cutting fluids?

Reply to
Gerry

Gerry wrote in news:1191716817.951239.175510 @g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

We use a 2-part epoxy Porter paint. Works very well in a machining environment.

Reply to
Anthony

I would say a two part epoxy also. If you want a smooth finish you could thin it with some toluene, the brush marks will smooth out.

Reply to
poe

I use tractor enamel- and that's what I've always seen used in any of the shops I've worked for. It's tough as nails, and doesn't seem to mind too much if the surface is less than perfectly clean (that doesn't mean you can get away with not cleaning it at all, of course)

Reply to
Prometheus

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 06:02:56 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Prometheus quickly quoth:

I've used alkyd enamel from Homey's Despot. It works well enough.

-- Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself. -- Elie Wiesel

Reply to
Larry Jaques