Photographs of metal items look rusty

Why would they? Don's selling images that are perspective corrected, manipulated, and don't even represent what is being sold. Anybody that looks at them realizes they are only buying a pretty picture and aren't going to be getting what they paid for.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

You gave me a brainstorm! I think I will have to start a local eBay University and milk this cash cow. All students must use a Nikon D2x for eBay pictures since it's totally and utterly foolish to do otherwise. I can see this one going over well.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

Not using a Nikon D2x to take your eBay pictures is doing your customers a great disservice and is misrepresenting the item. Plus, post-processing time eats up any minimally perceived benefits you're fooling yourself into thinking you have. Scrap the crap, Don, and get the D2x and your customers will love you.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

Before doing that, it might be worth the efford to remove the rust of his camera's hole-lens.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

I had a few surface rust things that were bugging me so I bought a 3 liter jug of Shasta Diet Cola at the 99cent store and soaked them in that. Third ingredient in the stuff is phosphoric acid and its not sticky. took the rust down quite well. spray with WD40.

Reply to
daniel peterman

Heck, My Nikon 5700 does all that...

Reply to
Kurt

A bit harsh. Old Nikons were the best. Some of the newer ones aren't so good, though. I think they really cheaped out on the lower end film cameras in recent years.

By the way, I think a film camera emphasises rust less, but of course you don't want to take pictures for eBay on film.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

We need to get Don out of the Stone Age and into the 21st century! Even a caveman wouldn't dick around with two hours post processing.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

ya know Rita...that's not a half baked idea...the students can pay for the classes with paypal and you can teach via...internet video .. some kind of internet technology what ever is the latest and greatest is, so there's no driveing involved...now that's an idea..I betcha people would sign up too...damn I'm just to smart for my own britches

Tina

Reply to
Tina

I guess it could work. Seriously, I feel things like this are best offered to people for free. My preference is to be neighborly and give people the tools to help themselves. Plus, there are too many people charging for books, videos, and seminars that aren't worth a shit. I would never want to have my name associated with any of that ilk.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

photography...but every once in a while I get lucky and the light is just perfect!

Tina

Reply to
Tina

...or in my case, the light just being turned on.

Reply to
Kurt

Photography is always a learning experience that should be fun. It's always fun to try to get that perfect picture.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

Most hardware stores will sell a liquid or gel rust remover. They usually contain phosphoric acid. What that does is turn "rust" (FeO2) into FeO, which is black instead of reddish. It also gets rid of most of it.

It's usually easy to wipe it on and wipe off.

GC

Reply to
Chips