Picture of my portable "dirty" grinding table

Made out of an old kitchen cabinet. I had it for quite a while, but only bothered to take pictures now.

Ignoramus8511

I like, also the mini grinding table.

I hope you put some dead weight in that cabinet to keep everythig still!

anyway, you spent money on a grinder? I scrounged around landfills (waaaay back when) and tore a dryer motor out of a clothes dryer. Had a shaft on each end, one for air circulation fand and another to run the drum.. bought a shaft adapter to get a grinding wheel on and did a bit of wiring to get it going. yes I do have to flip a switcth and then hit a "start" button just like a dryer :)

I've had it for nearly 10 years, very light duty use, but I cant think of a more usefull tool.

last month when I finaly got an arc welder I made a stand for it. 16" car tire with a pipe welded to the rim and a couple of pieces of bed from to clamp the grinder to. I really need to drill some mounting holes, I need those C clamps.......

Reply to
Tater

You mean the mini welding table? Thanks.

It is not bad actually, plus, there is a few heavy things on top already...

Yep. That 1/2 HP Baldor cost me about $40.

Sounds like a very inventive use of a motor from a landfill!

I would use something like that for polishing cloth wheels or brushes.

Very nice, sounds like you are having fun!!!

Post some pix too!

Ignoramus906

Mine has been in use more than forty years. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller