PICTURES -- Uniq 3 axis DRO on my Bridgeport

It seems to be working fine. It actually has three axis X,Y,Z. Since I have a readout on the quill already, that gives me readings along all sliding parts.

I mounted the VFD on the same arm for convenience.

Ignoramus3863

10 millionths precision? Really?
Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Would not be very easy to ascertain its actual accuracy... I am open to suggestions, maybe I will learn something.

Reply to
Ignoramus3863

Is a grinder missing its scales somewhere?

Since the scales are attached to slides that have clearance, even with the gibs adjusted, you will never position with the as accuratly as your scales read out.

I think I'd put a strip of tape down the least significant digit column so it won't be so distracting.

Wes

Wes

gibs adjusted,

I could position them and then lock the slides.

won't be so

I do not mind not looking at one. I messed with it last night, and I think that the scale is actually rather accurate (as in, more accurate that I need).

Reply to
Ignoramus32074

gibs adjusted,

won't be so

My neighbour fitted a similar DRO and the excessive accuracy was annoying so we used the tape route. It worked so well with black tape on a black display surround that we forgot about it, the he called me over to make sense of something and I spent 5 minutes or more trying to figure out why a digit entered when setting it seemed to go missing or require adding a second time, then it dawned on me we had put the tape on, doh!. It got removed and the annoying high precision is lived with. It could do with having one less decimal place.

Reply to
David Billington

gibs adjusted,

won't be so

I can think of worse problems in my life than those last digits. At least they do not flicker constantly changing 5-6-7-6-7-6-5-6-7 etc.

The more I test that DRO, the more highly I think of its accuracy.

Reply to
Ignoramus32074

Did you mount the scale slide bracket to the vise?

Reply to
Tom Gardner