Pig roaster update

After much thinking, I have decided to go with this motor:

It is 8.9 RPM, so it needs to be geared down only about 3:1.

I looked more closely at the steel that I have, and found a good about of what looks like 12-14 gauge sheetmetal.

So I think that I just might have enough to make what I need. I will not statr yet because I want to do one project at a time, and I am busy with the mill. Maybe next spring.

Ignoramus7071

I must have been drunk. What I meant was "found a lot of what looks like...";

Reply to
Ignoramus7071

I would suggest that 3 RPM is too fast to rotate a decent sized pig. 1 RPM would be a better target speed.

Reply to
Pete C.

When you design your roaster, consider two charcoal troughs, with a gap in the middle for fat to drip through into a catch tray below. At some point in the pig roast all the subcutaneous fat liquefies and will be dripping out, and if it drips onto the charcoal you get nasty flames.

Reply to
Pete C.

I have learned one thing from welding. It don't matter how many projects you have going. What matters is how many you finish. I learned that in business, and when I concentrated on cranking stuff out and getting jobs completed, it worked a lot better than having a lot of stuff in the pipeline, and adding new jobs. Sometimes I forget, but when I remember, and focus, and get one job done at a time, it is remarkable the difference it makes.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B